Honda civic question

apexflex
Unregistered guest
i have a 1997 honda civic, which is a pretty small car. i was wondering what kind of system you all would reccomend for a good balance of bass and sound quality? i can probably spend up to 700 dollars.
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 371
WHen you say system what do you mean?
A sub, amp, HU, and speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: X_cold_x

Amsterico, NY USA

Post Number: 22
dang $700 thats hard to work with if you need all the equipment that Grmn has posted. Thats if you descent/ good quality stuff.

apexflex
Unregistered guest
hmm, probably just subwoofers and an amp. i have a pioneer super tuner III head unit, will that work?

apexflex
Unregistered guest
well i have a pioneer super tuner III head unit, and could i just get subwoofers and an amp, or would the sound quality be poor? right now i just have the head unit, and everything else is sotck.

Bronze Member
Username: Stylnul

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 66
your first order of business would probably be to upgrade your stock speakers! i have a civic 96 and when i took out my stock speakers a year ago they were deteriorated. after that itll be a good idea to get the subs. i have a clarion HU infinty kappa speakers, and two 12 1232 subs, i got them for pennies on the dollar and have good SQ.

Bronze Member

Amsterico, NY USA

Post Number: 25
well ,, you can get some Adire shivas 12" theyre $120 a piece on www.speedsound.com . They are pretty good subs for the price. Stock speakers will be fine but of course you want to sound better than upgrade. it's not that big of a deal now as long as ur stock speakers aren't blown. As for a amp all you need is 1200 watt amp and dude for $700 thats a great system.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 363
always the first thing your gonna wanna upgrade is your hu.. get a nice alpine or whatever u like see if your satisfied with the speakers and move from there

r0ck3tm4nn
Unregistered guest
I'm actually in an almost identical situation. 97 Civic coupe, $600-800 to spend and I want to get the most out of it. All my music is on my ipod. Would a good alpine HU with ai-net and the KCA-420i ipod interface work well?

Will the head unit, and a sub (maybe an alpine type-r 10 or 12"?), and a decently powerful amp (Pioneer? 600-800 watts?) be enough? I'm looking at getting these parts used on ebay to save more money. Are these parts acceptable? Is there anything I'm forgetting? I was thinking from there, I would add whatever is necessary to improve sound quality (new speakers, another amp, etc) when I get the money.

Bronze Member

Amsterico, NY USA

Post Number: 31
dude ALPINE HU is roughly $300 for a really good one. i have a ALPINE 9851 and its sweet , a Type R is nice sub and its RMS is 600 i think so a 600 watt amp at 1 ohm should be perfect

Username: Mspak

Post Number: 1
you should get 4 Avalanche 15" n put them in ur civic. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 30
4 Avalanches? Dat'll be ok, get u 4 15" L7....blow the hatch right off the back along with the speakers..lol

Bronze Member

Amsterico, NY USA

Post Number: 32
GET 4 15" BRAHMAS and ohhhhh god THATS not even Funny !!! lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
http://www.lightav.com/ces/audiobahn3.jpg
omg all that f***ing chrome..its so shinny and pretty

Anonymous

to all of you that said to get 4 15" are you guys stupid? he only has $700 for his system

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Why you think i suggested the shinny pretty audiobahns? Cause their disposable...after one gets blown he can buy another 1

r0ck3tm4nn
Unregistered guest
Yeah, the sub, amp, and a HU are just a start till I get more money saved up to get better speakers.

I hate to threadjack, but I wanna get these parts ASAP.

Alpine CDA-9851:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39750%26item%3D5781038955 %26%26

Alpine KCA-420i ipod adaptor (going for roughly $65 on ebay)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1498%26item%3D5782999930% 26%26

Alpine Type-R 10"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3291%26item%3D5781368460% 26

Still a ? about the amp, I'm looking at a Kenwood KAC-7201. Would this be a good match? 450 RMS x 1 at 4 Ohms. Is it capable of running at 1 ohm?

One ebay here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39734%26item%3D5782055574 %26%26
Granted, it's not going to stay at $20, but I'm willing to go up to $100 for a used one.

With that in mind, total cost comes to be around $500, but this doesn't include other things like dynamat, wiring, etc.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Thats a nice choice for the headunit..the sub is good too but if i were you i would go with the 12" cause it'll be a little louder but if your looking for sound quality then stick with the 10." More than likely that kenwood is not capable of running at 1 ohm although if you get the dual 2 ohm Type R then you can wire it in series(i think thats what its called) and that will give you a 4 ohm load and youll only be off 50 watts from the subs reccomended rating
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us