10W7 Vs. 2 10" He2s

Username: Xx_chiodos_xx

Post Number: 1
hey, right now i have two rockford fosgate he2 10s in a ported box. They are running at 800 RMS off a 2 ohm load. A 10w7 would run at 600 RMS at 3 ohms. i was wondering how much louder a 10w7 would be than my current subs. I likee listening to metal and double bass, but i also like to turn up some rap to make people mad would a 10w7 do that?

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 12
well i got the 12 version.....it has great sound quality. and i have seen the tens hit. the 10w7 gets pretty loud and has good low bass but for the money your gonna spend to get the 10 i would look around for anouther sub that doesn't need the size box the w7 needs....i know there are better 10's out there for the price and the loudness i think you want. many people will tell you a w7 doesn't meter well for the money you pay for them....but they sound awsome. kinda depends on what you want spl or sound quality. 500 bucks for a 10 that doesn't push a meter well might scare you....but when you here one in a car you are kinda impressed.

Bronze Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 15
simon im looking to get the 12 too,be honest does it get loud

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 728
given the right enclosure/wattage anything can get loud. especially an abc box or a snail shell but then you also have to remember that the vehicle and other sh!t also affect performance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
alright ill tell u whta im workin with 99 chevy malibu 12w7 with 500/1 and a ported box is this gonna hit?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 731
Theres no way that I can accurately predict the outcome but I can take a guess that it should "hit"
but not as hard as a 12w7 is capable of since your going to be underpowering it by half. Not quite sure but im also guessing that it will hit harder in a sealed box since a ported box raises power handling and you dont exactly have that much power to work with so W/e your choice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
well i wont be underpowering it by half but i will be underpowering it so i should go with a sealed box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us