Boss pd-4000

Bronze Member
Username: Karam

Post Number: 30
people can some body find a site that will ship this amp to the uk from the us. i want to buy one but i cant find it anywhere. that will ship to uk. it seems a realy good amp. im gogin to use it to power two 15" audiobahns ive built two ported box's for the subs now i need a amp. can some body find out where i can get this amp to ship to uk. the amp is boss audio PD-4000

Bronze Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 95
boss is not a good amplifier. look at mtx or orion

Bronze Member
Username: Tatortot324

Post Number: 39
i have a boss pd3000 amp i will sell you mine if you would like

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
my amp is only a couple months old

TRN4L
Unregistered guest
Eric, I'm thinking about buying a Boss PD-3000. Is it a good amp to push 4 12s?

Bronze Member
Username: Dozyproductions

San Diego, California United States

Post Number: 18
boss amps are bad, here. here is a list.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/133838.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Oh yea itll push you 4 12s just fine its in real good condition to ive only had it hooked up for maybe 4 months or so. Most people say boss amps are bad but the Pd3000 and those amps i think are really good and a real good price. How much are you thinking of buying it for?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 241
Honestly, you don't even need a list to know that Boss is terrible. You can buy that amp brand new for $280, and supposedly it puts out 1000x2 watts rms @ 1ohm? Uhhh... not likely. If it even put out half that I would be amazed. And Eric, when you say that it can push his 4 12's fine, how do you even know what 4 12's he is talking about?? For all you know, they could each be 1000 wrms subs. And considering how EXTREMELY overrated that amp is you wouldn't even come close to powering the subs right. Plainly said, unless you are on a ultra low budget and you have like Audiobahn subs that even their low end subs require a ton of power, stay away from Boss. For 280 there are way better brands you can get that will put out the same ammount of power that Boss will and it will have better SQ too. Good brands will rate it truthfully and not give you inflated, impressive numbers. Do some research, it will save you from making a bad, uninformed decision.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
ok, everyone is saying that boss it realy bad. have you personally tested it. i have herd that it can reach those figures. but it needs alot of power like 170amps. and for that much power one standard setup will not give that for starters u need 4awg or smaller cables. im thinking of buying a ripper D3 ill provide the link and you can see the ratings. and also he gives 6 year gurantee. also 7 day money back return. everyone is saying they are not good amp but how can you prove it?. the amp also has a THD of <0.05% that is low. for that price, all other amps dont even show THD openly on there spec. only the really good stuff. so i think this is a good amp over all.
p.s. i have a amp which has a THD of 0.002% can anyone beat that?

http://www.bossaudio.com/home/catalog/public_html/catalog.php?sNs=1&deptNum=3&ca tNum=53

TRN4L
Unregistered guest
Well, I emailed Boss and they told me that if I recieved the amp and I tested it and it didn't produce the rated power or at least 95% of the rated power they would refund my money (If I bought it from a Boss retailer)....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
im trying to sell my Boss pd3000 i love the amp its just i am redoing my whole system wiht more power and need more amps so if anyone is interest in purchasing talk to me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
how much for? will you ship to uk?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
ill sell for 200 and yea i can but you pay shipping ill find exact amount. Email me and we can negotiate it some more my email is St_Lunatic28@hotmail.com im also selling a ported Mtx box with built in tweeters if your interested.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 242
Ok THD is almost a usless stat when it comes to amps. And yes, most manufacturers do show the THD of there amps, so I don't know where you got the idea that only the best companies do? Read this:

http://www.bcae1.com/

Go to topic number 59 and then tell me that Boss amp has really good sound quality. Maybe you will learn something.

As for that amp putting out its rated power. Well I am really sure it won't. Talking about companies hiding their statistics of their amps: How come I can't find the fuse rating for that amp anywhere? Huh? From the picture it looks like it has 2 fuses, I would not be at all surprised if they are 2 30 amp fuses. Try running 170 amps trough that, see what happens. I wonder if their warranty will honor that one. In conclusion I am just saying to do some research and you will save yourself some problems. Go to that website I posted and you can learn a lot of stuff there. It's better to just do it right the first time. GL with your system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
It has 3 30 fuses

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
ok, thanks for the feedback. ill check that site out. also i did see the amp rating its got three 30amp fuses. i got a pic go to this link. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5781583858%26&sspagenam e=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT%26

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Karamjit You interested in buying we can negotiate price if u email me St_Lunatic28@Hotmial.com or white_Rapper_ko@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
yer i listned to the wave file ok i now that THD has realy not much effect.
but than that is saying that its not worth buying the really expensive amps then. as it will not be audible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
ok ill e mail you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us