New system installed yesterday, wierd sound

HELPTHISSUX
Unregistered guest
Yesterday I had two 10" type R subs and a Kicker 1200.1 amp installed into my infiniti fx. However, i noticed that when i play a song that has a very fast bassline that the beats seem to blur together, that is, it does not hit clean. Is this normal or might it be due to the box my installer built? The box itself is a rectangular 1 chamber box, I'm not sure if it may be due to the fact that the 2 subs are sharing a chamber? Can anyone comment based on these facts? Let me know if you need more info.

How do i make my subs hit clean and precise?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1813
turn the bass boost down

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

South Bend, Indiana United States

Post Number: 189
Make a sealed box that is made to the specs in the alpine manual, maybe the box isn't right for those subs, get custom and you cant go wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3288
Test your system out with "flat" setting. Don't use bass boost or any other frequency boosting device.
If it still gives you "slow" responding bass, then you might have box issue. Almost every dual sub enclosure comes with it's own box space. You will rarely see 2 subs sharing one box.

Silver Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 113
with that fx did u get a new hu or keep the stock navigation 1??? Just a question of mine...some of the newer cars these days come standrad w the navi 7 inch cd player/ wutever else....would u need to get a new hu if u wanted to hook up subs and replce stock speakers w newer ones????-hence put a system in a newer car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us