No sub output??

Username: Avhs05

Post Number: 7
hey guys i just got my two 12 inch old school kickers installed. i got a performance technique 600 watt amp. the only thing that the guy said i needed was a new cd player. He said something about my stock in my scion had no sub output. what does that mean? well they still hooked it up. they used some rca converter. But the thing is, what will getting a new cd player do to my system?? HELP!? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 516
It will greatly boost the sound quality.

The guy you were talking to was talking about pre-amp outputs, which most stock units lack and aftermarket units have.

Bronze Member
Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 25
Or he could have been talking about an actual "sub output" which most hugher end units come with. In my opinion, preouts will get the job done all the same for you. A new head unit will improove your sound quality as well as make your dash look nicer. Also, the converter they used, which I cant quite think of the name, greatly reduces quality compared with preouts. I say go find a low to mid end head unit, and factor $100 in to the proce of it for install/wire harness/dash kit. You will probably be surprised to hear what you have been missing.

Username: Avhs05

Post Number: 8
what do you guys suggest for my scion xa? remember im currently running 2 12 inch subs with a 600 performance technique amp. also how much do u think it would cost for a decent head unit? what is the proce of it? thanks.
albert

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 546
For the headunit? Less than 100, and you'd only have to factor in less than 20 bucks if you did the install yourself with the majority of the install cost comprising of the aftermarket wiring harness.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 494
Line Output Converter, or LOC!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us