Alpine type r vs kicker cvr

Bronze Member
Username: Shanmag

Post Number: 20
i plan to get 2 12" of either of these subs, what do u guyz think? I plan to run them off a jl slash 1000.1 amp!

i listen to metal and im looking for sql! i want these subs to sound good but at the same time loud!

i havnt got a box yet, i will probly build one to save some money so any recommendations about box sizes, ported/vented would be appreciated too!

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1984
I'd go with the type R's.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 558
id get the new type Rs but im not sure about if they sound better in ported or sealed... they would definetly be louder ported though if that helps persuade ur mind

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 358
Id go kickers

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 247
Id get 2 12w6v2!

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4155
id get 2 2 12 inch prototypes!

Jeremy L. GPC Custom Sound & Development
Unregistered guest
Stay away from type Rs. These subs are decent, but as far as over all quality, lasting time and performance, the kickers will generally give you a better deal. Also, for rock, and with CVRs, go with a sealed box, with each sub having a bout 1.5 feet of cubic airspace.

Username: Mike516882

Lake bluff, Illinois US

Post Number: 7
ha KICKER SUCK....kicker "living loud" thats it they are loud no sound quality and nothing but distortion

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 201
your a moron, me and a lot of people i know think the cvr's have very good sq, but the square l5 and l7's do have very bad sq.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 230
Type R's. I have three and have no prob

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 462
the cvrs are good as well as the type Rs. either one is good for the price as long as you stay away form the L7s or L5s you will be fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 91
ALPINE!

DynOmite
Unregistered guest
BOTH WILL BE GOOD SUBS.. i would go for the cheaper ones(probably the kickers) since there both so close to in quality... kickers i think will be louder but the alpines will sound better-either way your getting good subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us