Kinda weird ? but here it goes

Bronze Member
Username: Jlojko

Post Number: 47
ok so i get my sub put in today...it running find for a lil while. then my battery dies. It might be the alternator, but i found a loose wire in the engine compartment(connected to nothing)....could that be it or would u just go with a new battery/alt.?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 642
was that wire ever connected before?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
i dont know i just opened my hood and was running the power wire. and i found this wire that looks like it has L's on the ends. if anyone might know where this could go. post it

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 644
did you dpo it yourself or did a shop install it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
did it myself with a friend, it was probably there before we stared. i prly didnt notice it a few days before too

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 646
Is it possible you installed it wrong? Im thinking that you hooked up the battery straight to the remote on the amp. does your amp stay on when the car is off?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
no, we installed everything right, the wire has nothing to do with the setup. its soppost to go somewhere in the engine compartment. idk tho.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 472
Were you running your system with the car on or off?

joe away
Unregistered guest
both, i think the alternator is not charging the battery. the wire that is out may be the key to the problem but i cant find out where it needs to go.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 478
Can you get a picture of the wire, alternator and battery? More then one picture so we can see what you're talking about. Otherwise you'll have to check to make sure that it didn't come out of your alternator, go to the ground on your frame, or went to the + or - on your battery.

Username: Lilcharles22

Alabama US

Post Number: 4
First I would unhook the amp from the battery, then get an 12v battery charger and charge the battery, then after its charge hook you amp back up to the battery and dont turn on anything and then leave and come back and see if the battery is drained.If so its how you hooked up your amp, but if it holds the charge then its your alternator.

joe away
Unregistered guest
yea it would be awesome to be able to charge my battery but iv spent almost all day trying to get my hood open. not the wire dosent pull enough to get the latch loose.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3349
you dont by any chance have a jeep cherokee do you? those are notorious for the hood latches to break.

Username: Lilcharles22

Alabama US

Post Number: 5
You may could use a wrench or something that could to pull the wire

joe away
Unregistered guest
nope 1991 gmc jimmy. my friend and i were outside yesterday for over an hour tryin to do anything we could to get it open. prying, pushing/pulling the chord, is there anything else i could do

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 667
did you try to get at it from underneath?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us