PLEASE help me!!

Unregistered guest
alright, so, what in the world is going on here. my stereo was working fine, i have one sub, a JL 10, powered by a pretty old amp. we were driving, about a month or so ago, and all the sudden it just takes a dive. my sub goes crazy (goes "boom boom boom boom boom" not with the music), i take out the rcas and it stops. so today i finally get around to taking a look at it, and i sort of got it to work. with one rca in the amp, it will work. it doesnt matter which one i take out and which one is left in, just my sub goes crazy if they are both in. but whats weird is if i let it go crazy for about 20 seconds, it'll start playing normal. but if i change the source (go from cd to stereo), it goes crazy again, for 20 seconds, then works correctly. but sometimes if i go from stereo to cd, it wont go crazy, and other times it will. it always goes crazy going from cd to stereo. and again, it doesnt go crazy if it has only one rca in the amp. also, while its working normal, with 2 rcas (after its gone crazy for 20 seconds), if i turn it up loud, it will play the music, but go crazy at the same time (go "boom boom boom" not with the music). i checked my remote wire, all the wires are connected in the back of the deck, i tried to change out the rcas, none of it helped. anyone have any ideas?

personally i think something is grounded that shouldnt be, but i was un able to find anything. anyone have any tips where to look?

Unregistered guest
can anyone please help me fix this, bedore i throw it?!?!?

Unregistered guest
can anyone please help me fix this, bedore i throw it?!?!?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3384
try changing out your rca's thats where I would start

Unregistered guest
i already did that... now what?!?

Unregistered guest
i already did that... now what?!?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3386
check out your ground, but I would bet it is in your headunit if you already changed out your rca's and it does it when you switch sources

Username: Pirateman

Post Number: 2
i had a recent similar problem with an amp. i found that on mine, the main ground was not snug enough and that my rca's ground had a short which may be the case for your prob.But since you've changed those out.I would look at all your grounds. hope that helps

Bronze Member
Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 21
stop double posting.....swap out the amp to rule out a problem with any cabeling or the HU. And if you swap amps and still have the problem, at least you know you have a good amp.

Unregistered guest
i didnt double post on purpose, just something that my computer is doing... sorry
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us