BEST 15" Subwoofer!?

Bronze Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 33
I was wondering all of your opinions on the best sql subwoofer out there. I know the avalanche 15 and eclipse ti are good contenders but I wasn't sure if anybody thought there were better or which is best out of those 2. & would 2 idmax 12's beat the best 15 in sql. thanx

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 539
well its hard to say.... in a way i wish i had a 15inch xxx.... but i have an avalanche and im sure i;ll be happy when i get it hooked up... next id also say that i would love to have 2 12 inch IDMAXs... it would just need more power... i cant tell you what will beat what.... but i think id choose in order of money... avalanche, xxx, Ti, idmaxs

choose by the amount of money you have... the avalanche sub with amp would be the cheapest... you could probably use the same amp for an avalanche or a Ti... but the Ti woofer is a lot more money... the xxx is around 400 i think but youd need a little more powerful amp... and the idamxs will ost you over 600 just for the subs and then you need to spend the most on amps for them... so it depends on how much money you want to spend

Bronze Member
Username: Jonklly5

Post Number: 85
the 2 idmax's will def be louder. but how do ppl think one idmax 12' vs. one eclipse ti will stakc up against eachother?

Bronze Member
Username: Trueblue03

Post Number: 12
i say the ti will be louder, i say this because i just ordered 2 of them, i hope im right.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 435
should be close the idmax has more surface area but the ti has more excursion

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 548
basically they are all GREAT subs... id go with whichever you like most... for example... some are diehard RE fans.. some cou-subfantic-gh diehard eclipse fans... etc

Bronze Member

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 34
ahhh...I wish one was just better, The reason I say this is because I recently came into a bit of money and want to buy a bada$$ system with it. I don't plan on just throwing money around, but I want some of the best subs. I had my mind made up on the 15" avalanche until this money came along, I thought it would be easier to choose if I had money to spend on better sub(s) but its just made things more difficult...lol, So anybody have an opinion on which they would buy regardless of brand and money? I really appreciate your help in this.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 568
if you have tons of money id get 2 12 inch idmaxs with either Jl 1000/1 amps or zapco 750.2 amps or maybe 1100.1 amps... then id get a new alternator with some dynaudio componant sets and a zapco 1000.4

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1220
i would say...

american bass VFL, upcoming RL-s, SI magnum, shocker super extremes are all probably rivaling anything else....

VFL and shocker are SPL tho

SQL i would say DD 9515 with E series motor...expecting ALOT from the RL-s though, with 46mm 1 way xmax..

ALSO the release of the resonant engineering XMX will put an even higher standard with about 50-60 mm 1 way xmax and true 5" peak to peak excursion

everyone seems to be going nuclear nowadays...

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 809
bacon the XMX isnt the sub with 5" peak to peak xmax. thats their no name sub that does thatthe XMX is a different sub.

Bronze Member

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 37
I don't have tons of money, I was just wondering if I was to go balls to wall with my system which is the best. In reality I still might end up getting an avalanche and put away some money, but I'd just really like to have a system I can be proud of. IDmax's are a possibility but I don't have tons of money so I know I can't afford dynaudio components...lol. I probably will end up getting kappa perfect 6.1's though. Thanx for the input trevor.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1222
apoc...

RE is releasing a subwoofer named XMX that will do 5" p2p...

get out more...

cody, as far as components, you will find the tweeters on infinitys to be very harsh and bright...i'd reccomend something like a cdt comp set, crystal, ID, RE, adire, or a DIY comp set...with like vifa PLs and peerless tweets or something to that extent...

subs, avalanche is a good sub and so is IDmax but dont turn your head to ov.2's by ED and oz audio ME's, or soundsplinter or incriminator audio

all make excellent subs too..

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1667
where have you been man? your never here anymore.

Bronze Member

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 38
thanks for all of everybody's help. What do you think about image dynamic's 6.5" chameleon components its bacon? I'd really like to be able to mount the tweeter on the midbass unless that takes away from sound quality. & these would go prefect with a jl 300/2 amp. That set would be at about the top of my price range as far as components go too. Do you know any components for the price (the chameleons are $360) that are better? thanx alot.

Bronze Member

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 40
bump

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1752
im not its bacon but i can tell you those are an awesome set of comps i wouldnt hesitate on them at all

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 133
"RE is releasing a subwoofer named XMX that will do 5" p2p... "

..It's actually 8.9" for the published models...and might be a bit out of his price range (9k for an 18)...

Bronze Member

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 41
9 grand for a sub??? thats crazy, I don't think I'd buy that sub even if I had the money for it. It'd have to have better sound quality than a w6v2 and be louder than some dd 9500's....& I don't think thats gonna happen. How many watts does this beast take?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 159
i believe this is it. the prototpe at least.
http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Resonant%20Engineering/prototype12.1.wmv
i would go with these funkypups though personally
http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/FunkyPup/12.1.wmv
now these things HIT!!

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1755
thats not goin to be the real price if you were to look at all the prices they are way more then they really are. look at the 12 x.xx in real life its 405 shipped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us