What size screw for box??

Da Ali G
Unregistered guest
what size screws do i use for a sub box?

Bronze Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 47
inch and a quarter

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 136
I use 2.5" drywall screws. Make sure you predrill the holes to avoid splitting the wood.

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_king

Denton, TX USA

Post Number: 11
i use brad nails and wood glue to build a box...or r u putting subs in a box and need to secure them down? if so those guys r both right.

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 130
make sure you put them all in the sub though i just put four to demo my diamond a few days ago and it blew out the f_cking enclosure.. i said oops :-)

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 131
as in the sub blew itself out of the enclosure my bad its 5 am and i am a lil tired. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 455
well most countersink kits will only go to 1 5/8" so that will be plenty long. just remember to use wood glue because the screws really arent what holds it together it is the glue. the screws just hold it together so the glue can dry, and also run a bead of silicone on the inside seams just to make sure everything is air tight

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3338
I am a big fan of the 2.5in dry wall screws with tons of glue and yes the silicone is key but dont put the sub in the enclosure untill the silicone is dry it releases vapors while it is curing that will deteriorate the subs surround if it isnt dry.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us