Amp settings/clipping

Bronze Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 49
i screwed around with the settings on my amp so they dont clip when i crank my stereo up. What is clipping and i read somthing before about the clipping light staying on and its ok if the light flashes. What is this all about?

Bronze Member

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 50
ALSO... i have my subs run in parallel and my amp bridged. Is this dangerous and does it affect the settings on my amp or anything?

Bronze Member

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 51
any one?

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 275
You should not have to send the amp into the clipping stage if you have the power. If you have to turn the volume way up to get results, then you need more power. About the bridging it's depends of the amp you have. Most amps don't like a 2ohm load bridged only 4ohms.

Bronze Member

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 52
but when i turn the subs all the way up, the clipping light flashed fast when it hits the hardest. The light doesnt stay on and it only flashes on some songs. Is this dangerous?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigdanman

The OC, CA USA

Post Number: 35
Hey your amp is way to weak to power 2 12" 300 watt rms subs. It is rated at 312 rms @ 2ohm (what u have it now). But what u need is 2x more power. When u bridge the amp and share 2 subs on the bridge, they split the power up, so those suckers are getting half of what they need. From this, they suck up more and more juice, overloading the amp into clipping. If u have the right setup going, it should be very difficult to clip, unless ure a moron.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 517
Your subwoofers impedence determains the amount of power the amp will put out.

Having an ohm load that is too low will cause the amplifier to clip, so this is possible in your case. My question to you is what impedence are your woofers and what load is your amp stable at?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us