Will this push to much power to the sub?

Username: Fruitybuds

Post Number: 4
I want to use a 4 ohm amp with RMS 200w x 2 with a single JL Audio 12" 8 ohm sub rated at RMS 125w. In an early post it was suggested to bridge the amp to get more power, but I don't want to blow the speaker. I know with this weird ohm config that using one channel would bring the power down to 100w x 2 so bridging sounds appealing but not if it's to much. Keep in mind the amp is a boss so it's probably not true power. I know that this is a poor system but I'm just looking for a little bump without spending anymore cash. Thanx

Username: Fruitybuds

Post Number: 7
One more thing sealed or ported enclosure?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 470
Yeah, bridge it. Boss is over-rated and JL is under-rated.

...And I personally like sealed better due to space constraints in my car and the tighter response.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 283
I doubt that boss amp pushes out near as much as they say in clean power. If the amp does RMS 200w x 2 at 4 ohm it should bridge at 500w x1 at 4oms. So at 8ohms bridged you should get close to 250w. Don't sound right does it? At best that amp will put out clean is around 250 real watts bridged at 4ohms. I might be wrong. The only thing I worry about is high volume you might clip the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us