12" Orion Subs ARE THEY ANY GOOD?????

Anonymous
i recently bout 2 12" orion subs and i was wondering if they were of decent quality?

James money
well why dont you hook em up, and see for youself, ive never even heard of them

Those Orion 12" subs are gonna pound baby. You also need an Orion amp. I sugest Orion Extreme 900 amp. Wow!!!!!

Anonymous
i 'need' an Orion amp or would it work to use a big pioneer amp and hook up all 4 voice coils?

ummmm..... im assuming that these subs are DVC. you can hook up any sub to any amp, it doesnt really matter. i wouldnt recommend orions newer amps as they are overpriced and do not put out what they used to. depending on what you want, you could go with the JL 500/1 or the 1000/1 if you have a lot of money to blow. if you are hard for cash, i'd reccommend the JBL 600.1 or 1200.1 amps. you always want to go mono for subwoofer applications, if you dont use a mono amp, there is more room for distortion, especially when bridging.

i could show you the wiring diagram. what ohm are the subs? 4 ohm or 2 ohm?

brandon
i was looking at putting a pioneer 720 with them 'cuz my friend has on hooked up to 2 12" Audiobahn subs and he used both voice coils and his subs have alot higher rms than mine do and it really pounds(makes your head hurt), yes i am on a tight buget of about $350 and i spent 130 on the 2 subs, dual voice, and 4ohm

if i were you i'd go with the JBL 600.1, it will put out a higher RMS than that pioneer will and it will be cleaner because it is a mono amp. go look on ebay or www.etronics.com and you can get the JBL BP600.1 for around 200 bucks so that would give you 20 bucks left to buy wiring.

and if you want some good wiring, look at www.knukonceptz.com

here is your wiring diagram on how to wire those subs.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/index.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp=Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=20&image.y=17

either configuration show there will work with the JBL amp. the only one that will work with that Pioneer amp is the one on the bottom (4 ohm configuration) because the Pioneer amp is not 1 ohm stable and the JBL amp is. (the JBL amp is 1 ohm stable but there is no power gain from 2 ohm to 1 ohm but you will be getting more power at 1 ohm thatn you would be getting at 4 ohm)

to summarize that:
1 ohm=more power
you can only get to 1 ohm with the jbl amp.
the pioneer amp cannot handle a 1 ohm load.

if you have any more questions just ask :)

J
i'm from the states. at one time, orion was the BEST subs you could buy...you won't be disappointed...i have 2 12's that were made by a division of orion (hott sett up) about 10 years ago and they are still going.

brandon
what store can i buy the jbl amp at? like Best Buy or radio shack or .....

brandon
hello????? Derek look---^

if you ever want to get rid of those subs send me an email. if not then maybe you can tell me where to get them as cheap as you did. marlon_nathan_moody@hotmail.com. <--- email

Ryan
Hey, Whut up I just bout 2 10 inch and 1 12 inch for a custom boz i got is this gona pound?

brandon
i got em at a local store

yo everybody out there my pops owns a car audio shop n we just got a new line in bout 8 months ago "ORION" they bang like crazy we cary orion amps 2.............the orion h2's handle 2000 watts and about 3500 peak and more theyr amps are crazy powerful too imn tellin you guys orion is a company that is going all out if ne body lives in delaware and need the hookup i can give u guys deals hit me up at joshblaze101@hotmail.com

I PURCHASED AN ORION HCCA 12 COMP SUB I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE IT TWICE. IT IS DVC RATED AT 1200 WATTS PEAK AND I ONLY HAD 800 WATTS ON IT AN I SEEM TO BE OVER POWERING IT SO NO I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ORION TO ANY ONE I SPENT 700 HUNDRED DOLLARS ON THIS SUB AND IT IS SUPPOSE TO HAVE A LIFTIME WARRANTY ON IT AND THEY GIVE ME A RUN AROUND TO REPLACE IT

Anonymous
Only use an orion amp if it is the older hcca...(225 or 250).
Orion has had a lot of problems lately with buyouts and divisions.....they sub out most of their most recent stuff.
The jl audio will kick your butt...most effecient amp ever at any impedance between 1.5 and 4 ohm.
If powered right youll love the subs. If sealed boox is too big they will be sloppy. I'd recommend at least 175 watts per voice coil and a ported box with app. 1.75 cubic feet per(assuming the subs are the older orions...1998 or older

orion fan
Orion subs are the best sub you can get my friend has 2 12" orion subs and you can hear him coming from about 1/2mile away. He has it put in a Couger so it sound beautiful.

look i got 2 jl 12s and 2 orion 12s . i wonder if i could hook all four to a 1200 watt PYTAMID AMERICA amp . its a 4 channel 2ohm . will it sound good ?, and will it all hook up right ?

Anonymous
any 1 knows anything about hooking 2 jl 12s and 2 orion 12s up too a PYRAMID AMERICA AMP 1200 watt, its a 4 channel 2ohm ????? will it sound any good ???

I Have 2 Of the Orions and DAM, They Hit SO DAM HARD!!!! I have a Kenwood 1000watt on one and the other has a Kicker 800.2, When I put just the 2 on the Kicker, They Wanged so F*CKIN hard, but now with the extra amp and bridged, it blew the window out my expedition... By the way, im look to buy a nother amp, any one seeing anyting over 1000 Watts??

Anonymous
The XTR Pro 2400 is a beast of an amp. You can practically weld with it. 2400 watts @ 2ohms

motoman22
"You can practically weld with it"

Heh, good one :c)

Anonymous
I need to get a new amp for my (2) Orion 500 watt RMS subs. Any suggestions?

Ryan U.
If they are they are the XTR PRO 12" and you dont want the kind of power that the XTR Pro 2400 puts out the JBL 1200.1 is a powerful amp that will push them nicely. my buddy had two XTR Pro 12" with the JBL 1200.1 and they were extremely loud.

Fat Man Paul
could some one advise me on the best but not so hard on the wallet sub to buy to get good quality spl bass

Anonymous
best amp to put on 2 12 in subs if ur hard for cash is boss amps they hella good and they supply hella clean power if ur looking for hella good amp i suggest jl or fosgate powers

Hydro
Anonymous Boss Amps supply hella clean power? That is the funniest thing Ive ever heard.

Anonymous
You guys are all nuts. I'm running an AWIS-15
quad voice coil 2000 watt rms audiobahn sub. I put my xtr pro 2400 to it. I will go toe to toe with anyone of you and beat you by at least 15 dB.

Anonymous
Hey fat man paul what the hell is good quality spl bass? moron

mark anthony
Hey JJ Your an idiot. You not blow the windows out of an expedition. I you could afford the truck then i would hope you could afford a decent stereo.

Anonymous
Hey orion fan. Do you even own a car not alone own any peice of orion equipment. Your a putz

Anonymous
yo i just got my stereo stolen out of my 97 wrangler i had two 8" orions i was wondering if they still make an 8". I'm just wondering b/c since i have a jeep, 8's are the only thing that fit comfortably. Also, if anyone has any ideas of how, and where to mount two more 8" or 6 1/2" subs in a wrangler. and i m not all about that console sub box. If u got any ideas Email me at Tlags24@aol.com

wow man orions any good jesus you for real man,there incredible,ive got 2 old orion 12s ,the ferra fluid injected xtr ones,these have been passed down for years through just about every one of my friends,and i finnaily have been lucky enough to get them and there now prolly 10 years old man,and let me tell you,they pound harder and deeper than any other sub ive yet to hear,and own,and ive had several really great subs including the audio bahn subs and them stupid earthquake things that everyone here in pa go crazzy for,including xtant,alpine,and just about all the rest,let me tell you bro,i have a chevy s10,ive got one in a box on the floor and 1 behind the seat,and i only got an old orion 800 watt amp pushing them,and a sony explode flip face head,and u could hear me more than about 4 blocks if i turn it up,its incredible,dont let anyone bash orions bro there incredible and will be for ever as long as you take care of em,peace man,bobby in pa

Josh
Unregistered guest
How does the aluminum eclipses compare to the orion subs? Im not sure which ones to get? any ideas?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 413
hehe I used to sell and install a lot of those XTR subs.. man I loved those old things.. hehe

Unregistered guest
I have two BRAND new American Pro 12" subs that have 600 watt max a piece. The subs have never been opened. I will sell them both for $55.00. I also have a audiovox rampage 500 watt amp 4 channel. And lastly i have a 200 watt crossover. i will combine all for $100.00 or i will separate. If you are interested i will ship for fair price and i live in Atlanta, Georgia. If interested please call 770 941-1923.

Unregistered guest
I have (2) 8" Rockford Fosgate RFP1208 DVC speakers for sale. I have no space to fit these in my corvette that already have (4) 8's. If you would like I can sell and ship these to you overnight for $140. These have a 125wRMS and peak @500w. They weigh approximately 10 lbs ea. Email: chemical1111@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
Yo, I got a 2004 Ford Explorer and Im lookin to put one badass system in that will hit real hard! If I were to install to Orion 12's run by a 2500D amp, would that be enough to have that biotch slam, I also want to replace the door speakers what do ya'll think would work well?

Unregistered guest
Yo, I got a 2004 Ford Explorer and Im lookin to put one badass system in that will hit real hard! If I were to install to Orion 12's run by a 2500D amp, would that be enough to have that biotch slam, I also want to replace the door speakers what do ya'll think would work well?

Anonymous

HEY ANYONE EVER HEAR OF A EVOLUTION AMP THATS A 5 CH. IF SO WELL IT KICK MY MTX 12'S HARD B/C ALLS I HAVE RUNNING THEM NOW IS A OLD RADIO SHOCK 4 CH. AMP AND A JENSON FACE LET ME NOW IF U HEARD OF THE EVOLUTION AMP AND WHERE I CAN FIND IT ON THE WEB TO DO SOME LOOKING UP ON IT PLEASE

EarthquakeMAGMA
Unregistered guest
I have 4 12" Earthquake Magmas in my Expedition with slot port designs and 2 Earthquake PHD2 3000 Watt Shredder Amps pushing them. You wanna know what the word POUND means. Hook that shyt up and you will see. I'm not saying I have the loudest sound out there, but it is by far the loudest I have ever heard. I love it. Everyone knows when I am coming. hehe

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 238
well when everyone knows ur comin, so do cops and ur the kind of person who drove sound ordinances into effect...ur the kind of person that pisses me off by thinking hearing your system outside of the car makes it good..

kids like that i wish to hurt severely

also, do you know how ineffecient those magma subs are? just cuz they can handle 1500w max, doesnt mean that can move much...they only move half an inch one way with 750w rms! a 12w7 can go more than twice that with same amount of power! do your research buddy

EarthquakeMAGMA
Unregistered guest
Well, I don't give a damn what you say cause you aren't shyt to me. As for hurting someone, I'd love to see you try that one, HAHAHA! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. And also you can take your W7 and stick it up your a$$ buddy. I could care less for them. HAHAHA, hurt severely, HAHAHA! Punk!

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 245
rofl...ur quite amusing :-)

i think its funny how someone says a w7 sucks and earthquake magma subs rock...lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us