Power acoustik

Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 2
hey guys whats the deal with power acoustik amps?
why are they so inexpensive ive read about them and they get good reviews yet they are so cheap. i need a 4 channel amp that pushes 100 watts rms to the 4 speakers and i can get an mtx audio amp for like 600 or i can get a power acoustik amp for 140, whats the deal? are they worth it?

Unregistered guest
I was wondering the same thing. Power acoustik, pyle, lanzar, profile, and legacy amps are all really cheap (there's got to be a reason why-I just don't know it). I assume that they have over-rated rms power. However, if you need a 4 x 100 rms then you might want to look into buying a power acoustik 4 x 200 or 250 rms since I BELIEVE they are over-rated. But just wait and see what a professional says about it- because i know nothing.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2778
Just remember, you get what you pay for....

Post Number: 4
yah but if what can the difference be between 600 and 140? if i get the power acousik i really dont care if it blows up or if i scratch it or anything like that and it saves me 460 bucks. what amp would you recommend? i have polk audio speakers in all 4 doors at 100 watts rms

Bronze Member
Username: Darkseid

Post Number: 40
difference is better sound quality, better build quality, getting actual wattages that your looking for as opposed to super inflated ones from low quality amps. Sure it saves you money initially, but then when your speakers aren't loud enough cause your amp is overrated, or your sound is horrible from all the distortion and clipping, you'll be back at square one spending more money to get the sound you initially wanted, and were expecting.

Post Number: 5
what kind of amp would i want then becuase i dont wanna spend that much money, i'll upgrade later on but if i can get away with 140 bucks and then in a few months i can get a nicer one thats what i'll do but im running low on money right now after buying the car the speakers and the subs so i need something that reasonable

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2779
For 140 bucks, loot at MTX, JLB, or Audiobahn. I have no idea what MTX amp your talking about that costs 600 dollars, I don't think they even make one that expensive. A 4 channel MTX will run from 150 - 200 and will be much better than the power acoustik. Many people also swear by Audiobahn amps, pretty good for the money, you should be able to find one in the 140 - 200 range.

Post Number: 7
the mtx amp is http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTXTA7804

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 217
not JLB...JBL, JBL MAN!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2783
haha, my bad

Post Number: 8
what if i got a facotry renewed jbl amp? is that a bad thing? there not too expensive and there nice from what ive heard

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2784
Ok Matthew, I guess I hadn't seen the prices on the new MTX amps yet. Definitely get one of the older models. Mtx just changed up all their amps this year, and the prices went up quite a bit (not to mention they're fugly).

Post Number: 10
these are the amps that i was thinking of dont know what you guys think lemme know

http://www.cardomain.com/shop/compare.pl?comp_sku=ABNA8002T&comp_sku=JBLPX6002Z& comp_sku=KENKAC7252&comp_sku=MTX502&comp_sku=POLC3002&comp_sku=POWOV21200&comp_s ku=POWOV21600&comp_sku=POWLT19202&comp_sku=POWTS19202&comp_sku=ROC4FRP5002&prev_ query=brand%3DAudiobahn%26brand%3DJBL%26brand%3DKenwood%26brand%3DMTX%2BAudio%26 brand%3DPolk%2BAudio%26brand%3DPower%2BAcoustik%26brand%3DRockford%2BFosgate%26t ype_plural%3D2-Channel%2BAmps%26x%3D80%26y%3D16%26start%3D1%26show%3D75&x=24&y=2 0

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
This is all you need THX approved and they pack a punch I've head these many time at the EMPIRE Leicester Square London screen #1 600watts duel or bridgeable

Easter egg extras JBL 6290 THX approved amp
http://www.shorefirerecording.com/images/6290Amp.JPG

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
how am i supposed to put that thing in a brand new car, it looks like a piece of crap. like i said i just need something thatll get me through this summer at the end of the summer im probably going to up grade to a ppi 1500.1 amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
Then why waste your money save up=more the fun with toys for boys, does it not!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2787
That's not even for car audio.

Matt, out of the amps on that cardomain page, like I said before, the Audiobahn, MTX, or JBl, lol. Skip the kenwood. Polk's are alright, and the power akoustic's are nothing special at all. I would personally go with the MTX.

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
Why the MTX! Are they the preferred choice in car Hi-Fi...!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2792
Over JBL I would say yes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
I see says the blind man!
I'll spread the word, word man!

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
Though you do have some technical specifications on these MTX amplifiers don't you a link to the technical page of the best MTX amps....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
thats what i was thinking becuase mtx has been around a while and yet it still isn't too expensive and people like them

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2795
Jeese man, people do speak English in the UK, right? lol. I really don't know what your talking about.

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
Which people? Technical data on them please tell me, tell me more do they have a good damping factor....

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
Hay knock it off about us, British we have a great heritage, like you guys as well, so knock it off....

Technical data, man MTX data man come on, it's the word isn't it...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
so joe this is what im gonna get one of these...

http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTX502

you think that'll work?

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
I'll get you pretty and your little dog too....
So MTX where is the data on these amps, I'll bet if you get a good transformer plug them into the home cinema....

On a side mount....hay do you guys still use CB radio as much today!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
andy what the hell are you talking about? you have no idea what your talking about, we're talking about car audio here pal not your british home audio or what ever the hell your talking about and if from now on you'd like to talk please speak english it'll be better for all of us

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
Those MTX 502 are B*itching man and the price, I almost feel over WOW $174.95 that's not a whole lot of bread, though I like wholemeal better!

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
Sorry matt

This is incredible stuff, I have heard so much about the MTX though, I didn't think the cost of them would be so affordable to the consumer....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us