Some Bump/bass

Bronze Member
Username: Bladebeme

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 36
Hey guys I am in the process of looking to buy some door speakers for a 2005 CR-V and wanted some speakers that have and can handle some good bump/bass but wont sound like crap either. Any suggestions??? I guess something that can sound as good as factory Bose speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 431
That probably isn't the ideal place to expect bass from, however some Infinity Kappa or Infinity References would be nice. If you can afford it, get CDT.

Bronze Member

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 37
I didnt mean it like sub power bass just some nice thumping sound from some 6.5". I kind of figured that the Kappa Perfects were the way to go.

Anyone have any info on the Kicker K series? This guy at a audio shop told me they were very nice sounding and could handle lots of watts and could produce some nice sound. I am not a kicker fan but if they work then possibly.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 174
How much you looking to spend? Take Jexxen's advice and get some CDT's

Bronze Member

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 38
Who makes the CDT's?

My main goal is to basically try to keep it looking as stock as possible while producing some nice thump in the car and not sacrificying to much space. I don't know if I want to rattle my car to death anymore but i do want to feel some bass.

I have done some reading on the Infinity Basslink which supposedly produces some nice bass but won't rattle you to death.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 181
CDT Audio makes the CDT's....if you sound deaden the doors you'll get some good low response from a set of 6.5" comps.

As far as the basslink goes...I know 2 people who bought one and said is was completely worthless

Bronze Member

Boiling Springs, SC USA

Post Number: 39
I kind of had the feeling that it was worthless but of course the reviews were good so I was kind of skiddish. I would have definitely listened to it before I bought it.

By the way do I need to buy the CDT component sets or what? What amp to push them?

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 110
Hey Blade, just to let you know, I have actually had a few of the Infinity Basslinks and can honestly say that they aren't that bad. While I don't think they compare to a good component sub in a well designed box with good power, the Basslinks do give decent performance and would be fine for someone looking to add a little bass to their system. They are especially nice if you just want to integrate something in with a factory setup or if conserving space is a primary concern (they really don't take up much room at all). I had a Basslink in a 2002 VW GTI with the factory Monsoon sound system in it and that car actually sounded pretty damn good, and the nice part was that I didn't have to change out the head unit or give up that much hatch space. Anyway, I just wanted to offer my opinion and let you know that the Basslinks might be worth considering if you don't want to wake the neighbors but rather have a little bass in the car to help complement the overall sound. Good luck to you.

Oh, by the way, I currently have an Image Dynamics ID Max 12 subwoofer, so I can appreciate the "car shaking" side of the market as well, but not everyone needs that. Take care.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us