Why does my sub cut out??

Bronze Member
Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 22
I dont know why but if I turn my volume up to about 22+ (out of 35) my sub begiuns to cut out or just not play I have tried playing with my amp setings and stuff but i stil have no idea wtf its problem is. It does rattle my truck pretty bad and i was told my antiskip was kiking in but I dont realy belive that, so i was hopeing one of you guys could help me out or give me some suggestions of what i should do becase it is makeing me mad!!

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 597
your sub cant cut out, the only thing that can cut out or clip as we say is your amp. This may be happening because your gain is set to high, or the bass boost on your amp is set to high. Also the sub may be wired to impendances that the amp is not compatable to, and maybe your HU bass is just set to high.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 261
If you have to go 22+ (out of 35) you have something set wrong or you are trying to get to much out of you amp. My head unit goes up to 40 and you can't be in the car with it over 18. At 14 it will knot ashes off my cigarette in my mouth.

Username: Iamdisturbed

Vc, Nd

Post Number: 9
its either clipping or its blown, i had the same problem one day, i was runnin 2 subs once and he turned it past a certain point and the subs would just stop. the problem was the sub was blown, i simply just took that sides rcas off the amp till i had the time to mess with gettin a new sub, probably not the greatest for the amp, but who cares.

Bronze Member

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 23
well i know it aint my gain becase i have put that pretty close to zero (which did help) but my music still likes to skip. Im thinkin that I either need to upgrade my sytem so it can go louder for me or there is sumthin stupid goin on with my HU.. Also I highly doubt it is blown becase I can still get that sucker to pound but it is just over kill for the speakers so i put it higher so i can hear the music part

Bronze Member

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 24
Or do you think putting an amp to my 4 6x9's would help becase of lower voulume on deck?

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 263
yes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us