Post Number: 2338

Fishy
Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac (Ft.Laud) , FL
USA

Post Number: 1372
Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 11:02 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So whats the biggest advantage of using an ABC box? SPL?

Almost every non-mainstream enclosure design I've examined usually sacrifices SQ when going for SPL or visa versa. Seems like most of the time a good ported enclosure is best when one wants a combination of the two.

-Fishy

sean
Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2335
Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 02:17 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
actually the abc box has the the best of both worlds the low end response of a ported and the high end of a sealed ...some say the abc lacks high end but i think its all about how you design the abc box......i want to try it with the triple chamber because i feel it will distribute the frequencies across the whole bandwidth better .....and from what ive seen it will lower the resistance while being played delivering more power to the speaker per frequency.....the abc box that guy built had lowest points in resistance all but exactly and octave apart and highest where he hit the hardest (41 ohms about 22 watts on that 100 rms amp) lowering it to 20.5 ohms would up hit by 3db assuming he has the excursion capability and another 3 db at 10.25 ohms assuming he has the excursion capability again.....at least thats my theories. Waht do you think?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2341
bump

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1609
but the only bad thing about abc enclosures is they usually have to be huge.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2450
for my two tangband 6.5 abc box triple chamber it looks like 2.71 cf tops after all displacements(grins)

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1616
hmmm kinda big there sean for 6.5s?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2455
not when they will sound good and hit more than 130 db with 100 watts rms and sound good lol

Silver Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 111
what is an abc box, and would it be best for my 15" XXX. i want mostly spl from it and how much would it cost fopr me to have one built. how big would it have to be?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 737
for the dual chamber i believe its goign to be somewhere aourn 8 cuft...for the triple chamber that sean is working on.....you will need 13 cu. ft....it hsould give you some good spl from the abc enclsoure,with good sound quality also.Its better than a ported box if built correctly because abc boxes have 2 or more ports tuned to diferent tuning so it gives it a more boost over the freqquency band which in a ported enclsoure you will have a narrower boost in the frequency band.

Silver Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 112
what do you mean dual and triple chamber? i need it for a single 15". about how much would one cost?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2483
if you want one a dual chamber abc box built its doable for the re xxx 15 i think i remember you saying you had as far as cost id say 150 plus shipping but im not sure id have to talk it over with my buddy it might be less but no more than that

Gold Member

Post Number: 2484
a dual chamber abc box has two chabers one where the subwoofer goes in and one tht is an empty chamber each chamber has its own tuning frequency one tuned low the other tuned higher it gives you two peaks instead of just one

Gold Member

Post Number: 2485
for that speaker the box would be quite large

Silver Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 114
so i would hit higher numbers with a abc box than a regular ported box? i cant afford it now because i still dont know how much it is going to cost too get my jimmy fixed and i cant say how much space i have to work with because my jimmy isnt at my house, but when i get it back i will let you know. i want to buy a new box but have to wait until i get some things worked out then can you help me figure out what i need?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us