Clarion

Username: Qup2cit

Australia

Post Number: 8
does anyone know much about the clarion pro audio series and if so are they any good

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3107
Before you go buy Clarion products, make sure you know their support history. They have one of the worst support available. Go try and look for a phone number on their website. It's not listed. There's a reason for that. They don't want you to call!
After searching everywhere on the net, I managed to find one. When I called for support, they give you another number to try. Then after playing phone tag, the answer you get will not be very useful.
So you better wish nothing goes wrong with your unit.
You will be better off with Alpine/Eclipse/Pioneer/JVC etc.
Another thing I HATE about Clarion is their proprietary digital optical cable and connector. No industry supports their format. Doesn't that remind you of Sony memory cards? Compact Flash is 40% - 50% cheaper than that crappy memory card.
Clarion tries to do the same with their product. You can't mix and match without losing out.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3939
well if anything goes wriong with your clarion poroducts they have a major warehouse and distributor right next to me house, i mean seriously, its like this

my house, my neighbors house, half a mile of road, clarion lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3940
what i meant to say is i can just walk over to there building and give them hell!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3111
Subfanatic, you do that, and they might move! :-)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3960
haha thats awesome!

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1402
Sorry, but my new Clarion is the best h/u I've ever owned

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?icatid=317&stk_code=cladrz9255&svbname=425

and I've had quite a few over the past 20 years(mostly Alpine).

If something goes wrong I have a 4 year extended warranty. I'd hold off buying Alpine's latest stuff(9853,9855). Seems there are some big problems. Just go check the h/u section.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Post Number: 3123
Fishy, you've been lucky.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us