Sony Explod - HELP

Unregistered guest
i hooked it all up, explod deck, amp and subs, BUT i cant get the amp to turn on. there is power from the battery terminal and the ground, i read 12V. all the wires have conductivity between them. no infringements on the wire. when i put a jumper from the battery terminal to the remote the amp turns on but i quickly removed it, so i thought it was the remote but theres conductivity all the way to the deck from the amp. WHATS THE PROBLEM????? the ground is fine. everything is brand new equiptment.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3800
your not supposed to remove the remote

ChadalacMuskalade
Unregistered guest
i didnt remove the remote. i just cant get power to the amp. but ive hooked everything up nicely.

Chadalac Muskalade
Unregistered guest
like the ground is a sufficent ground, on the amp i put the negative of my volt tester, and i put the positive of my volt tester to the battery terminal on the amp, and i read 12V. but the amp doesnt turn on, its brand new. the remote line is hooked up to the deck, i checked both sides of the wire and there is conductivity. So i tried to see if i could turn it on just by jumping a wire from the battery to the remote on the amp, and it turned on. but its not very good for it so i took it off, just for a test, so i clasified it as a remote problem. I just cant get it. what is the problem? STILL NO POWER TO THE AMP, deck turns on fine.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3804
your not using the right wire in the back of your hU or its not connected right, and it could be because it is xplode, complete crap

Chadalac Muskalade
Unregistered guest
right wire? it came with an ampkit i got.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3806
i know, but when u connected the remote wire, did u wire it to the right place in the back of your HU

chadalac muskalade
Unregistered guest
yes, the light blue wire.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3816
hmm, hook the amop up in another car

Bronze Member
Username: Velk4425

Post Number: 37
Check the fuses on the amp and inline with the battery