Polk Momo's vs. Boston Accoustic SL's

Bronze Member
Username: Jonklly5

Post Number: 14
Im just getting component speakers in the front, leavin the back stock, n getting 2 subs probably w3v2's w. a 500/1 amp. Im using a jl 250/1 for the component speakers. Should i get the 279$ Polk Momo's or the Boston Accoustic Sl's. If not these than what would you suggest for around the same price.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 656
Why are you using a class d mono amp for components???

Ok back to the original question. I would go and listen to both and see what your ears like better. Both are well made speakers, so it will be more a matter of what sounds better to you, not what we perfer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
um thats what the guy reccomended? Do you recomend a different amp for them? Why does it matter if its "a class d mono amp"

Silver Member

Germany

Post Number: 669
That guy is a moron!!

Ok first off class d amps take a sound wave and recreate it at a higher wave length. Since they recreate the wave lengh instead of amplifing it like a class A/B they tend to change the sound of the music. Thats why people use class D for subs, at low frequencies its harder for your ears to notice the change that a class D adds.

Second you want your mids and highs in stereo, not mono.

As for a amp, the JL 300/2 is a great amp, and would match well with the 500/1.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
alright thx, im thinkin i should get a 600d orion instead of the jl amp for the subs? what do you think?

Silver Member

Germany

Post Number: 671
I am not a big fan of the new orion stuff. I loved their older stuff, but I don't beleive the new stuff is on par with some of the other high end brands.

Keep in mind the 500/1 is under rated, it will be more than enough for those 2 subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
ok well i think im gettin a 15' new brahma mk3 now. what amp would u recomend for that?

Username: Mike516882

Lake bluff, Illinois US

Post Number: 1
I got 2 12 inch w3s v2s and i got 500/1 for subs and i got boston speakers all around runnin with a 300/4 (jl amps only) and i absolutley love it now keep in mind i can completely costomize were the sound goes with my alpine 9830 headunit but i love it they have great sound and great price. no matter how high u turn up the music if u have the amps tuned then u get 0 distortion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us