HELP ME. SERIOUS PROBLEM.

Chadalac Muskalade
Unregistered guest
Im having trouble getting power to the explod amp. like the ground is a sufficent ground, on the amp i put the negative of my volt tester, and i put the positive of my volt tester to the battery terminal on the amp, and i read 12V. but the amp doesnt turn on, its brand new. the remote line is hooked up to the deck, i checked both sides of the wire and there is conductivity. So i tried to see if i could turn it on just by jumping a wire from the battery to the remote on the amp, and it turned on. but its not very good for it so i took it off, just for a test, so i clasified it as a remote problem. I just cant get it. what is the problem? STILL NO POWER TO THE AMP, deck turns on fine.

N E K
Unregistered guest
Hey check your fuses both in your amp and also the fuse that runs on your power wire

chadalac muskalade
Unregistered guest
i did, they are all fine...

Username: Nav

Post Number: 2
hey, if you are getting power from the battery and using it as a remote to turn ur amp on, there is no problem with the current and ground, like u said, obviously the remote.. the remote on ur amp seems to be working too, i sugest trying the amp on a different unit, maybe its a problem with the unit's remote?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 363
Do you have the deck configured so that the amplifier is set to 'on'? Also, what color wire from the headunit is it hooked up to?

chadalac muskalade
Unregistered guest
ive tried 3 different amps on it and all the same result. NOTHING. so maybe its the deck that is fucked...? you think? the deck is fairly new also. sony explod, just like everything else inside the damn NON WORKING unit.

chadalac muskalade
Unregistered guest
light blue.... and whats this about setting the deck up to ampifier on???? CURIOUS? how?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 364
Light blue...is that the only blue wire? Normally they have blue/white as the amp turn on. What model is your CD player? It should be somewhere in the audio settings menu....

Post Number: 3
some Headunits have a seperate setting for subs out, but even still, your amp should be powered when ur head unit is on.

u said u tried 3 different amps on it and same result, well im guessing its the HU then, try ur amp on a friends HU, if it gets powered, then i guess its either ur HU, or ur not connecting it to the remote?

chadalac muskalade
Unregistered guest
im gunna check what blue wires there are, hang on...

chadalac muskalade
Unregistered guest
THANX MAN, IT WORKED.... WOOOOHOOOO blue with white stripe!!!! THANX MAN, TIME TO GO CRUISE!!!!

Post Number: 4
hey dude, ive got a sony explode head unit too, and ive only got one wire for the remote.. i dont think all HU's would use 2 wires, maybe the better ones might?..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us