Aiwa Install Problem - No Sound

Username: Dlfnation

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a used Aiwa CDC-X437 for my 1996 Honda Accord. I removed my old head unit and attatched a wiring harness to my new head unit. I'm sure I attatched all the wires correctly (they're color coded of course) and I plugged in the wiring harness.

The head unit powers up and seems to work fine except it doesn't output any sound. I can tell that it is reading my cd's fine because the equalizer display. Anyone know what might be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 494
Did you buy an aftermarket harness to go between the headunit's harness and the factory harness? Sometimes those do not match exactly.

If that isn't the case, you might want to test each of your speaker wires. You can do this by touching a AA battery to each speaker(one wire to each battery terminal) to ensure the speakers are functioning correctly and have the proper connection.

Username: Dlfnation

Post Number: 2
I know that the speakers work, I hooked up my old head unit and everything worked fine. The harness and factory harness did match, did I just get a faulty head unit or is there something else that could be causing the problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Qup2cit

Australia

Post Number: 26
try to check every speakers mounting position. and make sure they are not touching any metal or make sure nowhere else is being grounded from ur outputs on your head unit, other than the ground wire itself. the same thing happened to me and it turned out one of my speakers terminals were touching my car body which causes all the speakers to produce no sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us