Speaker system question

Bronze Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 51
I have 2 sony Xplod's and an Alpine-350 amp with factory speakers and HU. I am planning on replacing the subs with 2 12" kicker comp's, keeping the same amp. Buying a decent, and fairly cheap 2 pairs of pioneer 6.5"'s and possibly getting a used pioneer HU from my friend. I have no more money to put another amp on those speakers so that option is useless. As of right now my factory speakers can't keep up with the subs one bit. Any suggestions? Looking on ebay for maybe 30-35$ a pair on pioneer 3-way's and my friends HU he said would sell to me for less than $50. would that be a DECENT sounding system? I don't need anything out of this world at all. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 93
You get what you pay for (most of the time).

But;

If what you want is louder and lower-fuller-richer bass, then you will get that out of your proposed setup.

To get quality sound you need not comprmise anything. What you compromise will show in the end.

Remember, when you take an original and you make a copy of it (using a quality copy machine), then you take that copy and make a copy using a lesser quality copy machine, paper, ink etc.., and you keep repeating that process and so on... pretty soon you end up with something that is so different than the original, that it doesn't resemble it at all.

To make a long story short; compromise = compromise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us