Oh god please help me! PUHLEEEZ!

jaykay
Unregistered guest
I need to find a good pair of 6x9s. I had little knowledge so i went on to look for some kickers coz i heard that they were good. but now that i gather more information, the more i get confused!. NOw i've sorted out some speakers for me. please help me choose:
Rockford fosgate power series --> outta my budget
Soundstream Tarantulas and edge. say that they have 150 and 200W rms. is that fo real? are htey good? they look cool tho.
MTX : just 100W RMS? i mean that sounds less when compared to the others.
Audiobahn : i researched that thses were the ones with most rms output. 200-225 in diff models. but i just came across someone critising audiobahn for just being a looker and not a performer. i had my heart almost set on these until now.
Blaupunkt Overdrive ODX series. I'm gonna get these if i cant decide at all

Please help me

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2981
Instead of wasting your money on 6x9 speakers, replace them with 6.5" components. It'll sound much better.

jaykay
Unregistered guest
thanks a lot for your input isaac. but i really cant afford components and besides i already have 6x9s in my car and do not want to alter the hole made in any way. I'm on a serious budget and am upgrading my system slowly. these 6x9s will be running straigh off the HU not even an amp. that's next on my list. so pls if you could recommend some from my selection. It'll be very helpful. Thanks a lot

jaykay
Unregistered guest
thanks a lot for your input isaac. but i really cant afford components and besides i already have 6x9s in my car and do not want to alter the hole made in any way. I'm on a serious budget and am upgrading my system slowly. these 6x9s will be running straigh off the HU not even an amp. that's next on my list. so pls if you could recommend some from my selection. It'll be very helpful. Thanks a lot

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 43
whats your budget?

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 44
regardless, if i absolutely had to go w/6x9 instead of 6.5, i would hit up the infinity ref's. either the 9612i or 96131 for the complete experience. had a pair of alpine 6x9 and they were hitting harder than most anything in the highschool lot (about a decade ago). they would be my 2nd pic.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 186
I would keep on saving that way you dont have to replace them later.

jaykay
Unregistered guest
thanks a lot guys. i checked up on the infinity reference series. they seem to the sweet spot. but just one question. does the high rms on audiobahns have any advantage? my budget would be around 120$ give or take.
mtx audiobahn and blaupunkt all are within my range. the kappa series isnt though. so what do you say?
loc its not really the matter of saving. i just dont want to spend that much on car audio. i mean right now i have some temporary pioneer 40w rms 6x9 one of which is torn. i still think they igve out good sound. so i beleive high end 6x9s will be good for me. thanks for the advices.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2996
If you care about sound quality, then stick to Infinity. I had them in my car, and it sounded very clear.
Sometimes the high rms powers the manufacturers use, are all lies. Wait till you actually try and supply some. It'll distort and crack.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 568
Anyway, if you're going to be running the speakers off your head unit the RMS is a moot point because you'll only be supplying those speakers with probably around 20 watts.

I would get the Infinities, if you don't mind purchasing on eBay you can get the Kappas rather cheap. Heres a link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58029%26item%3D5775949558 %26%26

jaykay
Unregistered guest
hmm and what would be a good pair of 13cm or 16cm speakers for the front? should i go with infinity here too?

jaykay
Unregistered guest
Hi there again. I've been rethinking about what speakers to buy for my rear. and the thing is that infinity kappa 6x9 3 ways and Infinity Reference 6500s Component speakers are exactly the same price. so i need your opinion again. Will the reference be better than kappas coaxials? and if i install these 6.5" where my 6x9 are right now. the hole will need to be just a bit widened up right? Or will i need a new tray. Help again please. thanks a lot

jaykay
Unregistered guest
Hi there again. I've been rethinking about what speakers to buy for my rear. and the thing is that infinity kappa 6x9 3 ways and Infinity Reference 6500s Component speakers are exactly the same price. so i need your opinion again. Will the reference be better than kappas coaxials? and if i install these 6.5" where my 6x9 are right now. the hole will need to be just a bit widened up right? Or will i need a new tray. Help again please. thanks a lot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us