Oil Pump

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3736
hbow much would it cost to replace an oil pump in a 1998 Ford Explorer, is this a mechnics job or could i do it, and how much???

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2673
Not sure on the cost, but your probably gonna want a mechanic to do it. I have no idea what kinda tools or area to work in you got at your house.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3737
ihave anything i need, but i am buying myself a new car and getting rid of the neon, i found a car, wanna give me an opinion on it?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3738
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=183135852&dealer_id=56377706&car_ye ar=1998&make=any&distance=100&lang=en&max_price=1500&model=&end_year=2006&min_pr ice=1&first_record=26&pager.offset=25&certified=&address=41017&search_type=both& advanced=&isp=y&start_year=1981&cardist=0#vdptop

It looks great, im just not sure why in the heck its soooooo cheap, any ideas??? im going to go check it out in tom prolly unless someone else on here cna tell me whats wrong with it and how much a new oil pump will be

Bronze Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 47
i'll tell you why it is so cheap. 208k miles for a ford is like a human living to be 120 years old. Basically, their gonna kick over at any given time. Only foreign cars (toyota, honda, nissan) can go that long and be worth something.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3741
actually i totally dissagree with you, i have seen fords and dodges last MUCH longer than foreign cars

Bronze Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 99
i disagree to i seen a 88 bereta with 330,000 miles its all about how well you take care of your ride.

Bronze Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 100
man for that price you could put a new motor in it and it would still be a deal

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2675
Foreign cars are not made to last for hundreds of thousands of miles, your quite wrong. Foreing junk loves to break down.

Sub, for one thing the miles are gonna have an effect on the price. 200k miles is quite a lot. Secondly, like you said, it needs a fuel pump. Maybe it costs more to do than you think. I would definitely get a quote for a fuel pump before you buy that Explorer.

Other than that, the car lookes like it's in great condition.

Anonymous

yea the new motor is a good idea but Chris is deffinately right, nissan/toyota/honda/pretty much any foreign car is going to last longer im all for USA n stuff but-- we don't make as good as cars as foreign countries thats why you see more and more foreign cars BECAUSE THERE CHEAPER AND LAST LONGER

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2685
No, they don't last longer, the Japs just slap 10/100,000 warranties on them. People buy them because they're cheap as he.ll.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us