Amp help..........

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i'm new so i dont know a whole lot about car audio and i have a few questions. first off on my amp there are 3 settings on it: bass boost, lpf and hpf. i know what bass boost is but the other 2 i have no idea about. also my other question is what exactly is a crossover? alot of people have told me if i get my subs crossed over they will hit alot harder. i appreciate your help.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3220
LPF= low pass filter(sub x-over) HPF= High pass Filter(x-over for mids and highs) ok now that you know that your low pass x-over will x-over your subs so that nothing above the desired htz level will travel through your subs giving them less to focus on in turn playing louder and more efficient then if run at full range. A good starting point for subs is LPF set to 80htz. Now the HPF does the exact same thing but the opposite lol! it keeps the deep low bass out of your mid range speakers so they dont blow trying to play a 25htz tone through a 51/4 in driver. I hope this helps a little.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
so i need to set my lpf to 80htz and the hpf to 25htz right? what about a crossover? what exactly is it and what does it do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us