Amps and subs

Username: V8_blazer

Post Number: 1
Any one else into planet audio's high end stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1550
no.
same company as "Boss"
that'd be like saying Pyramid or Sony high end.

Username: 350_blaze

Post Number: 1
have you ever heard the fu series. It's named this for a reason. And I have heard them and seen the damage they can do to cars. There amps are 0.004 thd literally no distortion. I think just about everybody thinks planet sucks because kicker and jl are on every corner. They sell kicker at flea markets. jl is very good though kicker has 0.2 thd you guys call this sound quality?

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 161
Anything less than 1% cant be heard by the human ear.

Post Number: 2
I do agree with you hydro and, thanks for not all out bashing what I like. This is what i've had in the past, orion[[ten years ago] cerwin vega strokers, kicker [old stuff was exteremely loud], rockford, jl, american bass, ppi,I asked if anyone one was into the planet stuff. Not, how much you hated it! As far as glass wolf you've got to be a dealer or something because you've sold enough infinity, jl,kicker on this site hope, your getting a kick back. If jl is what you like how, come none of it is in your cars. It seems as if you have to post on everything or your heart may explode. Saying that planet is like sony or pyramid is a very hollow answer and a insecure one at that! Try, explaining why it sucks instead of bashing. My brother has 2 jl 13w7's and that will bang your ears for days after you've been in his car. I have been playing drums for 15yrs. and, like bass and drum kicks, any type of music really . In my opnion planet does a good job of reproducing this stuff. When was the last time you had a fu or installed one. The faaasssstiva may be a sighn of why you don't have jl? Thanks to everyone who is'nt full of hate and lists an opnion, not shallow answers.

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 11
Glass - I haven't been on this site all that long, but I'm surprised to see you speak negatively of a company just because it's associated with a lower end product.

By your principles I guess we should write off corvettes as pieces of junk because GM also builds Geo Prisms.
Vipers must be lame too since Dodge was also responsible for the omni.

Clearly Lanzar Optidrives suck since the parent company also owns Pyramid, Legacy, and Pyle.

Hopefully you see my point.

Planet audio is not a weak brand. Any good company that actually wants to make money will engineer different products for more than one level of an industry.

Post Number: 4
I could'nt agree more optidriven. I just can't stand it when people write off a brand because it's associated with another. Boss is sh!# though, but it all goes buy what your going to spend. Small time, middle class, and The infamous "you the man series".By the way glass waiting for your response? I still want to see your lab results on the fu, being the speaker guru that you are.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1573
you are right on at least one point.
lanzar isn't that great either.
look, if you can't handle someone's opinion, I have some advice.
don't ask for it.

a lot of people like planet.
I don't find them that desireable.
don't pay attention to THD ratings for amplifiers. they don't tell you anything emaningful.
I could go into a long diatribe about why, but you probably don't care, don't want to know, or wouldn't understand parts of it, so suffice to say, it's just a stat put to impress the ineducated on the topic. it really doesn't tell you anything.

as for why I don't have JL, as I've said before, I don't spend money on car audio anymore. I spend it on home audio, and if you're going to make lame attempts at insulting me, maybe you should learn to read, first. I think you missed the '66 hemi charger on the next page. I don't have the festiva anymore. The charger however, is probably worth more than your house.
My main speakers at home (Martin Logan Odysseys) are probably worth more than your car as well.
So, before you go trying to insult someone, get your facts straight first.
by the way, the Festiva you had fun joking about won IASCA pro events, and hit 151dB doing so. It was the demo vehicle for the shop where I worked as well (one of the cars anyway) so I really have nothing to prove that hasn't already been done. Can you say any of the same?

a car company and an amplifier company are hardly comparable, though I do see the analogy you're trying to make. If you're happy with planet audio, that's great. I won't support a company that sells products (boss) as poorly made as the "boss" line, even if the planet stuff is a bit better.. it's a matter of principle.

Now, with that waste of time out of the way,
you guys have fun with the board.
I'm leaving for vacation. See ya when I get back from Japan.

Bronze Member
Username: Wj94

Post Number: 12
someone just got 0wn3d.

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 12
My automotive reference is dead on. It's basic business practice - whether we're talking about fiddlesticks or computer technology.

And again - Lanzar opti's are as good as anything out there.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1575
my apologies if I offended anyone.
anyway, no hard feelings.
if you like lanzar, planet, whatever that is fine.
everybody has his or her preferences.

anyway I'm off for a bit of relaxation.
be good, guys.
rock hard.

Post Number: 5
Well glass you came to your senses, and planet is not by far the greatest . I've seen alot of companys stay idle, planet has made improvements through the years they are a company that is trying to grow. Amereica loves to root for the little man. I did see the charger and I doubt it is anywhere near Barret Jackson standards So, no it is not worth as much as my house . But it is a nice car though. I have a 71 442 W-30 convertable but I don't flaunt what I have and I am not some 17 yr. old punk so don't think your better than me [you had that coming]. Like you said you have other interests So do I, and I am not going for all out spl. Dishing a@# loads into a 10 second truck is what is fun for me. I am just looking for a system that will poud at norwalk raceway when I am flying down the track. I used to be into car audio big time, kinda lost interest in it though. All I wanted was some advice: my budget is $3000.00 Amp for subs 2 12's And a amp to run 3 pairs of highs.I already have the highs and hu. Now that the I'm richer than you thing is out of the way what would you suggest?
What about diamond good sq?

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 139
350 blaze, have you checked prices on the board? sometimes you can find a quality piece at a good price. For the price, the adire shivas for $120.00 is a good deal, and I would drive them with matching amps, four channel & monoblock, from any of the high level companies. try looking at JL, Autotek, JBL, ETC.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us