Mtx thunder 81000d amp

zinge
Unregistered guest
isaac or anyone i was wondering on how to wire my amp to 2 ohms. it has four speaker terminals, speaker 1 and speaker 2, each with a negative and positive. i was wonder which terminals i should use for 2 ohms. any help is appretiated. thanks

+ speaker1 - + speaker2 -

Bronze Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 12
If you are using an 81000d it only has one channel anyway. If you read the manual it will tell you that there are two seperate terminals for easier installation of multiple subs.

Any amp that is a D class aamp only has one channel

zinge
Unregistered guest
thanks for the help ron, but yes i know that but i am going to hook up the subs in series/parallel(http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html#2dvcsp), so i need to know if i should put the wire from the subs in the speaker 1 or speaker 2 or a mix of both. the maual doesn't tell me how to get the amp to 2 ohms. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1319
Doesn't matter. Both terminals are common to each other. Just imagine one set of terminals with two places to attach a wire. You can hook up both subs to either terminal or one to each. If your subs have dual 2 ohm voice coils wired in series either way will provide a 2 ohm load.

-Fishy

zinge
Unregistered guest
alright thanks for your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us