Reviews or Comments on Fusion's FJL-1511

Username: Triangle

Bundaberg, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 5
I picked up this subwoofer on the cheap recently and have been looking around for comments and reviews on it, I can't find a single one outside of the Fusion website... Is this because Fusion is not worth talking about or am I just looking in the wrong places? Before I go spending excessive money on an amp to supply it with 800W RMS @ 2Ohm, I'd like some confidence in the merchandise...

The following link describes it:
http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/products.php?action=view&product_id=34

Cheers,

Lenny

Bronze Member
Username: Alastaka

Post Number: 21
how much did that cost you im looking for a good sub too, but i have never heard of them sorry

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
it has aluminum voice coils....aluminum isnt the best for conductivity....think of what happened when they used aluminum house wiring for a lil while....most of those houses have burned down by now...i wouldnt spend the money on it

Silver Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 102
Hey if u decide to sell let me know I might buy it!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2625
I really don't know much about Fusion, but they have the tell-tale signs of crappyness. Look at the stats. 1600 watts MAX, they don't even tell you the rms. A 500 oz magnet? That's retarted, nothing needs a magnet that big.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 559
The RMS is 800 You have to DL the spec sheet. But yeah they were trying to hide it which means they were trying to make it look as good as possible.

Username: Triangle

Bundaberg, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 6
Harrison, it cost me AU$300, it was in a local show car for 2 months as one of a pair. They said it was worth AU$1200 new. Since I haven't been able to compare it from lack of available information, I don't know if I believe them.

Long name, Black Alloy DVC voice coils, RF's beefcake sub http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCP315D4 has aluminium voice coils...

Banshee, I'm not a high turnover person, if I am wanting to get rid of it, it will prolly be because I broke it :-)

Joe, you are making me sad...

BassMan, psychology is a cruel thing, I have sent a tech request to their servcice centre asking about reviews etc, I hope they come back with something useful.

At least now there are a few views on the web even if they are from people who don't own them :-)

Thanks peeps

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1322
ummm..... more bad news?

I don't no how much $300 australian is in US bucks, but from looking at the specs that sub only has a 14mm Xmax. You don't need an inner tube for a surround with that type of excursion. It just needlessly reduces effective piston area which may be why that particular specification wasn't included.

That being said it may sound just fine, but I wouldn't expect a lot of output for a 15 and would defintely try the ported route if going sealed proves anemic.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
i think they look cool and the girls were pretty well one of them was but aliens yeah man its the green haha thats too much to drink for you james haha

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3180
I am lost man!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
haha you said something on my inquiry about amps but siad you had been drinking at dinner so you couldnt remember any more but after i read above i realized i have too

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3182
NICE!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us