Amp smoke...??

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 167
well i have an mtx 311d, and ive had it for a while...but then today i was driving and it shut off on me. so i went and checked it out and the fuse blew. then i replaced the fuses and as soon as i put them in, the amp started smoking. i didnt fry that amp cuz it works fine in my freinds car...what could the problem be??

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 22
did u put the same fuse in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
of course...30 amp fuse for the amplifier and 30 amp for the inline fuse.

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
could it be a bad ground possibly?? cuz i really have no idea what else it would be.

devinwyngard
Unregistered guest
cheack the fuse box in the front other wise i am not sure because my amp is kind of doing the same thisng except my fuse does not keep blowing. but my amp is still smokeing a little bit after i fried my fuse box

devinwyngard
Unregistered guest
cheack the fuse box in the front other wise i am not sure because my amp is kind of doing the same thisng except my fuse does not keep blowing. but my amp is still smokeing a little bit after i fried my fuse box

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
nah i figured it out...my wire got pinched and stripped so basically i got lucky that the car didnt start on fire....but yea i replaced the power wire and now everything is good. thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us