(2) 10" or (1) 12"

unregistered
Unregistered guest
Same amount of power split either to 2 10"s or 1 12" (consider the subs to be the same model just different size)

Example:
(2) RE 3x 10" vs (1) 3x 12"
or
(2) JL W7 10" vs (1) W7 12"

This forum is not about brand comparision, its about performance.. you can be talking about 2 boss audio 10" subs vs 1 12" boss doesnt matter.

What i want to know is whats best for SQ and whats best for SPL?

I figure the 12" for SQ because we are dealing with only 1 sub and the 2 10"s for SPL because of just the larger surface area we are dealing with.

Am i wrong? Anyones thoughts? technical info? personal experience?

I got 2000rms that i am going to put either to 1 12" or 1000rms to each 10".

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 344
2 10" subs = 157^2 in
1 12" sub = 113.04^2 in

if these are the same subs with the same exact parameters(12s will most likely have a lower fs) the 10s will be louder and will most likely have a little better sq, but will not be able to handle the lower frequencies as well as the 12"

unregistered
Unregistered guest
thanks for the input.. anyone else?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 558
I say the 12 over two 10's, because even tho the 10's have more combined surface area the 12 will have more power since your gonna split the power for the 10's.

unregistered
Unregistered guest
whats the difference if you got 2000rms going to 1 12" or 2000rms to 2 subs in parallel?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3143
one will have double the power then the other and if you are talking about the same sub then the 10's will be underpowered , and when you double the power you add about 3db's so in your comparison between the two I would go with the 12 because of what Bassmanmike said it will have double the power and will have a lower FS and will get louder also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us