RE XXX12

Anonymous

are these still considered good? it seems people stopped talking about them on this forum for some reason.. all i ever hear recently is eclipse, jl, and kicker. fill me in on what's going on ;)

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2553
Yes they're good. This forum goes into retarted fads, where everybody forgets about all other companies except for the "most popular ones."

Anonymous

i see, thanks for the info. not to be rude, i love this forum and all, but what other forums do you guys enjoy for car audio discussion?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2555
This one is sort of the best I've been to. A lot of other forums are full of morons, and I've found that generally the people on this forum are smarter than others. lol

You could try www.caraudiocentral.net - A lot of the guys over there are experts, only problem is the forum isn't very active, and it could take a day or two to have a question answered.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3593
JOE!!!!, james, idc i need help, im soooo boggled, ok i put my 15 Ti in that ported box, sounded good, got LOUD, i met those guys like i told you, showed me what sealed bxoes can do, yesterday built a sealed box then its not anywehre close to as LOUD, and is aggrevating me, how can there sealed boxes be better than mine, i dont understand it. WHAT CAN I DO, i want straight spl, i dont want it to get "loud" i want that feeling of you cant breath and you feel your nose vibrating with every beat, i want to be able to just be like OMG and feel my heart to beat, but most of all, i want air in my car moving frantically, i have 1 15 ti right now, a second one is going to be coming soon, subzero has a 18 solox im going to try and trade one for his amybe, or could i sell my 2 15 tis and get like 4 15 comp vrs or 4 15 atlases, what can i do to get shaken and tossed about

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 389
man you can never be satified.... i would love to have your Tis over a solo x.... plus you;ll need like 4-5 thousand watts... might as well run a well built MT or something.... or digital designs... please dont drop down to kicker lol... 4 15 atlas's would be nice... although 2 15 avalanchs can move a ton of air if you have seen the video... or maybe try like 4 15 SX's or heck get 2 15 x.x.xs

and about the package... its alright... you think i can get it before the 30th of the month though?

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_wiglz

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 40
if you want serious SPL get 2 9515 DD subs, give them about 4k watts (SPL Dynamics) and put them in an 8 cuft box tuned to 40 - 45 hz. That would hurt a lot. my one twelve makes my nose tingle so much so that I can't breathe or see out of the car, and thats with one 12" I think you would be able to hit 160db in the termlab.

you might aswell invest in a good system that you'll be happy with for a long time.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1287
Which twelve do you have Mr Wigglz?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2556
Alright sub. First, what amp are you using on your Ti? Second, what size was the sealed box you made, and are you absolutely SURE it was COMPLETELY sealed, I meen absolutely air tight?

Lastly, you said your Ti was loud in your ported box, then why do you want to put it in a sealed box? You and I both know your probably gonna squeeze out as much spl as you can from a good ported box...

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 41
I've got a DD 9112 in a 2.5 cuft box tuned to about 42 hz

I gotta go with joe on this one, sub. why do you wanna go sealed all over a sudden

Gold Member

Post Number: 1289
Isn't 42hz to high for a daily driver ? or is it recommended ?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3599
i jsut dont know what to do

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 42
that is what is recommended my DD. Infact they said 45hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 1290
Does it have any SQ or is it all out spl???? Is it very accurate SPL or sloppy ?

I listen to mostly rap so im asking

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3618
well i want to keep my subs, or go with cheap a$$ 15s

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 212
I told you before , go with 2 15" x.x.x. in a well built PORTED enclosure....make your heart stop....lol

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 213
oh and by the way, did you use the same thickness wood as the shop's box ?you'll wont beleive what a differnce material thickness can do.

Bronze Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 21
I just wanted to say: "This forum is the best!" Everyone's always helping each other... REALLY helping! It's great.... sorry about that.... keep going, I'm still learning. LOL

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 44
Mo, the DD's subwoofer range is very accurate, not sloppy at all, I listen to Rap and hip hop as well. People think I've got 2x15s in the car.

I don't really go for SPL numbers, I just wanted it for music and it sounds great, I've got about 1700watt rms going through it at 2 ohms with no distortion. The strange thing is when I saw the recommended tuning for the box, I didn't think it would drop, but it drops really really well, some people even recommend higer tuning of the box.

Subfanatic:
Go with two good 15" like 2 xxx, or 2 DD's you won't be dissapointed. don't go with cheap subs, you won't be happy.

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 104
back then h0es didn't want me, now i'm hot they still don't want me

but nah i think i'm gonna go with 2 12" RE XXX12's.. everyone says good stuff about them. :-)

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 399
DR Max... im going to be biulding a ported box for my avalance real soon ... i was planning on .75 mdf for the sides, back, top, and bottom, and 1.5 inch baffle... that should be sturdy enough right? or should i try to find 1 inch mdf? let me know what you think thanks

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 400
400 ... lol i just had to post so i could reach 400... wow that took a long time... subfan does that in like a day lol

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 105
glad to see you have reached 400. still trying to get my posts up lol.. but im not a big post wh0re about it, not until this post anyway. ;)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2576
Just talk to Subfanatic about post wh0ring (jk sub)

Hey Wigglz, I'm planning on getting a 9515D very soon, and I just wondered if you knew what the difference is between the "E" and "D" series subs? I know this years models are supposed to be geard more twords sq, but how are the D's? Is there a difference? I believe the 9500's are 1200 rms, but for now I'll be running a good 800-900 wrms, you think it'll sound alright?

Bronze Member

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 45
The E range is just a revised version of the D. Not much difference at all. I've heard both and they sound the same to me. apparently it's more efficiency, extended range of motion and higher power handling. I know these subs can handle 2000 watt rms easily everyday.

900 watts rms is enough to make it sound good and loud, but ideally you wanna give it at least 1600 watts rms. Also make sure you use a ported box and tuned no lower then 40hz, no matter what ppl tell you.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 217
Hey Trevor, thats good. No need to go with 1" walls. And youu will probably not come across 1.5 mdf for the baffle, so use 2- .75 pieces glued together rather than a 1" and 1/2" board. make sense ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1297
James let me know how it sounds if you get it.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 407
yeah thats what i was planning on dr max (2 .75 together)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us