Vented ported box

Bronze Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 54
hey i just made a new box from what my old 1 was an i made the port 3 inches instead of 2inches the box is 24L 17w 13h vent 3x11.5h 13L an the back pieace is 6x11.5h for a 12woofer with the port 3 inches will it be a lil louder

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 55
just finished the box damn its sounds good ears pop feel air an got nickles an dimes an a fuse in the ash tray popin up an down its loud an volfenhags pound

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 655
nice Scott.

Bronze Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 22
damn..... yea nice....... wats it tuned to????

My Left 1
Unregistered guest
Volfenhags pound? since when?

Bronze Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 26
uhhhh always

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 56
i dunno

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2005
2.32 cf using .75 mdf board assuming those are external measurements you gave 24l 17w 13h with 3 by 11.5 by 13 long port assuming you didnt add the woods thickness to the port length its tuned to about 46 hz......im not sure what you meant by the back piece is 6 by 11.5 can you explain that will prob change the port tune i arrive at

Gold Member

Post Number: 2006
i love showin these guys volfenhags can pound and congrats for given them a try

Gold Member

Post Number: 2007
now wonder you hit hard your peaking around 53 to 54 hz if i figured your port tune right

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 66
th bac pieace that turns from the front vent L ^ that pieace box 24L w17 h13 an the vent is 3inches wide by 11.5 high an long ways is about 19.5 long an 3/4 wood i think particale

Gold Member

Post Number: 2009
particle doesnt come in .75 its like 5/8 ill run the specs to find the port tune the turn changes things but i follow you now as does the change in wood thickness

Gold Member

Post Number: 2010
your peaking around 46 to 50 hz and i figure your port tune is about 40.5 hz and i assume your in the neighborhood of about 2.35 cubic feet after displacements.....what amp are you running to it? Also if you get it metered let me know what spl you hit. The way you describe feeling the air and things jumping around your hitting prob mid 130 db wise id assume

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 67
its 3/4 partical board got it at home depot it might b mdf but it says woodstalk partical board wit a 760 watt pioneer amp

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 305
i hope u used mdf and not partical board lol

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 68
i think its partical board but i dunno dats what it said an it sounds amazing

Gold Member

Post Number: 2014
well at any rate its prob about 2.05 cubic ft. after displacemnts and port tuned to about 40 hz and prob hits hard at 46hz to 55 hz congrats doin that with about 60 dollars worth of sub and a pioneer amp .......as i said if you get it metered let me know how you do

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 70
is lower the better if it hits harder at 30 hz tell me so i can set it at 30 sub was 55$ wit shippion bought the amp from friend brand new 60$ wood 15$ wire free with amp hu about 100$ an wire kit an install kit around 72$ 6x9s 35$ talkin around $350.00 not bad an it sounds good just need 2 buy edead an my hole set up is goin 2 be wrapped up in black/white crushed velvet

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 71
an how can i tune the box so ppl can hear it from far away right now it tralels atlease mybe at120 yards iam thinking

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 72
an also lol i made this other box its 24long 16 high an death 19.5 i got the same sub in it a volfenhag 12 an its hooked up 2 a kicker impulse 354xi an ders about 177watts goin it 2 it an dat $hit is loud its sounds good as hell 4 that but the hole back is rattlein og my bros car lol

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 340
can we not have another volfenhag discussion plz?

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 76
no0o00

Gold Member

Post Number: 2015
Alpinethumping he has just as much right to ask and talk about his subwoofer as you do about any brand you consider a good buy ...dont just bash someone because they dont follow or agree with the "best brand bandwagon"

Scott If you change your port tune lower it prob wont hit as hard. Making the port longer will do this if you want to try it. It will only take a few inches more of length to do so. As far as your bros box i assume thats ported the same as yours and its prob 3.12 cf. after the sub and port and he prob hits a little less loud than you because of his power but he hits the lower notes as appossed to your higher notes

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 79
his port is a lil bit bigger how can i tune the port so i can get good bass travel higher or lower

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2575
"good bass travel higher or lower"

Don't really know what your asking? Do you want your bass to be heard from further away? If so, the port tune it's self really doesn't change the volume, persay, it changes the db's you'll hit at the perticular frequency your box is tuned to.

On another note, lower frequencies travel further than high frequencies, because the sound waves are longer with more distance between the peaks. If you wanna be heard from quite a ways away, play something nice and low.

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 81
like what kind of songs name sum an ya i want 2 b heard from a distance

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 84
so sean what would be a good hz an how long should i make the port long ways 2 be heard from a distance
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us