I need complete sound quality

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 200
ok my girlfriend got a new car, she wants to put a sub in. what she wants out of it is complete sound quality. it doesn't need to get amazingly loud, but loud enough to enjoy some nice bass, with superior sound quality. i would say amp/sub price to be around 2-400$, nothing to expensive, but certainly nothing cheap? any suggestions on sub size make and model? thanks guys, she will appreciate this.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2469
Image dynamics IDQ, 12".

werd
Unregistered guest
yep exactly what i was thinking. An IDQ 10 or 12

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3504
eclipse al

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
hehe and sub with eclipse...which would be better a 10 or 12?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3507
10 for me cause i prefer them, i dont like 12s, i just dont, lol, i dont know why

Bronze Member
Username: Alumaprodave

CALIFORNIA

Post Number: 33
OZ Audio!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3927
Any idea of how much power you'll be putting on them, and what kind and size enclosure you want to use?

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 92
isn't the AA Atlas supposedly a sq sub. pretty cheap sub plus you won't need a big amp to push it too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
well thats the thing, i'm not to familiar with car audio. it would be a sealed box, i was thinking maybe 2-300watts. i'm assuming thats nothing to loud, but loud enough to enjoy techno, all that dance shiat and retro. thats what she listens to. now that i think about it, a 10 would sound better for techno and dance music. what do you guys think?

Bronze Member
Username: Vtecpower

Post Number: 23
JL 10W6v2 ALL the way

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3940
A 10 does well with techno and dance, it's just a question of if it's loud enough. The IDQs are fantastic SQ subs and work very well sealed (small sealed boxes), and get very low. Many if not most IASCA competitors are using IDQ subwoofers for their SQ purposes. You wouldn't go wrong with a 10" or a 12" with that sub, it's just a question of how loud you want it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us