JL AUDIO??????

Bronze Member
Username: Poof

Post Number: 25
Hey im getting a amp and i have 3 choices i need you opinions on teh best one either a JL audio e1800d 1000/1 or a hifonics BX2002

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
i have 600$ also so nethign better than those i owudl need sugestions

Bronze Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 41
If money isn't a problem, then there is no competition, the JL 1000/1 is one of the nicest out there, and definately the best one of those 3.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
This is for my sons car and the subs he pushing ( alpine r type 1242d) coujld be powered by the e1800ed but i dunno if its a quality amp and i dont have enought $ to get him a system like mine but i figured this oen would be fine for like 1200$
i dunno though because im comparing it to 2 JL w7 13' with a orion 5000 watt big boy amp

Bronze Member
Username: Velk4425

Post Number: 20
I'd spend the extra money to get the JL amp now. It's top of the line.

cuspid fo life
Unregistered guest
jl sucks you dont want to spend millions on jl i recomend a cuspid 1600 watts max 4 chaNnel amp, the best amp you can buy, jl will last you maybe a month, cuspid will last at least 5 years, buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 148
Cuspid you are 100% wrong. Jl is a perfectly good company with amp that last a long time. And why on earth would you reccommend a 4 channel amp when hes lookin for a sub amp. 4 channel = speakers 2 and 1 = subs. (2 works for speakers ok as well). Dont be so narrow minded. Jl is a perfectly good company even tho they are a lil - alot over priced (depending on amp) compared to other conpanies like xtant and fosgate. Other than that they are fine.

cuspid fo life
Unregistered guest
JL AUDIO = GEO METRO
CUSPID= SUBARU WRX

BUY CUSPID. PERIOD.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 164
watever man. You dont know what you are talking about. Cuspid is a no name brand just like pyle and legacy. They have a 1600 watt amp that uses 2 30 amp fuses. LOL like that would put out 1600 watts. Dont talk without thinking, or you mite make your self look more ignorant than you already have.

Silver Member
Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 134
im pretty sure hes just joking tim.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 166
I bet you hes not. so many n3wbies out there these days.

Username: Basshd

Post Number: 5
Out of those three, I would also choose the JL 1000/1 for bass duties.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2839
yeah I would choose the JL also. Hey Tim he has been coming on here for a long time saying the same cr@p he is joking man.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2840
1000/1

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3450
dude no, get that xtant some guy is selling on ehre for 600, that amp is unreal, prolly my favorite cleanest amps

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1158
Get the JL on ebay for $600.00 i have seem them go for that.

Username: Avs

Post Number: 2
Sorry im one of those n3wbies, Tim, cause i have no idea what im talking about, but im just curious. Would one JL 1000/1 be able to push a pair of speakers and a pair of subs? Or would I want to dedicate the 1000/1 to the subs (looking at two ava 12's or 15s) and get a less powerful amp for the speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 45
The Jl 1000/1 is a mono amp, meaning it is only meant to power subs.

Username: Avs

Post Number: 3
got it thank you sir! (you have no idea how much that helps me lol!)

Bronze Member
Username: Stylnul

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 47
tim, if youre even remotely into car audio you would have gotten the idea that a cuspid amp is a piece of s**t and that mr. "cuspid fo life" is just joking, and that amp comes with one, thats right ONE 15 AMP FUSE

get jl, if you can afford it

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 171
Man chill. That was like 7 posts ago. Stfu about it and dont get bent. You say i got bent, look at you. Chill.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 194
That was just...awesome. That piece of thread should be archived...

...JL is like a fudge popsicle. Creamy and delicious, get it.

Bronze Member
Username: Ruckus

Oh

Post Number: 23
I have a RF T10001bd, and if your subs can handle it, mine is putting out 1655W at 1 ohm (or 690W at 4 ohm).... 24db/octave crossover...I think its some quality power, and I got mine for 440...not bad for the power, and I think its a damn clean amp....anyone want to comment, feel free

Bronze Member
Username: Vtecpower

Post Number: 19
hang on...

if your son's Alpine Type Rs are the pre-2005 range (i.e. handle 300W RMS a piece) a JL 500/1 would be perfect, it will push them to the limits.

If they're the 2005 range then E1800D or even better 1000/1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us