Digital designs question

Bronze Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 54
Okay, i want to upgrade my 6 by 9's and my 6.5's that are currently in my Honda Accord. However, the 6.5's are only mid-range bass. Could i just get the pair of 6 by 9's, 6.5's, and also a pair of tweeters? Would that balance out the sound? Or do i have to get a different pair of 6.5" speakers? Here is the site http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=W6.5

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Is this a dumb question or does everyone just not know it?

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 190
Why do you guess get this come with mid-range bass and tweeters.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58025%26item%3D5775545973 %26

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
so no digital designs? if i got thoughs, should i still get the digital designs 6 by 9's? or should i stick with the same brand?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
I just read that a set of 6.5" componets would sound better than 6 by 9's. Is this true? And would it be hard to install 6.5" speakers where the 6 by 9's are located? Also, would that also would i be putting 6.5" speakers in the doors in the front? I'm confused...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Are these like bad speakers or somthing?? Is that y no one is answering?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3950
Sorry so long. It's a great midbass driver, but it's geared to home audio more so than car audio. Its suspension leads it to work better with either ported boxes or smaller sealed boxes. With an infinite baffle (door) install, it won't work as well as speakers designed for door installs. That's not to say you couldn't run it with good results, but it is going to require some customizing, it won't just pop in place and give the best results. Round speakers are superior to over speakers in SQ. Oval speakers have odd stress points, added cone flex, basically more distortion and reliability issues. Best thing is to focus your efforts and money on front speakers as they're far more important than anything in the rear.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Okay thanks. Since i have no experience with customizing, i will just get the infinity kappa perfects. Are these any good? Do they require any customizing?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us