Is MTX 801d amp good enough?

Atliens
Unregistered guest
Do you think the MTX 801d amp, which will supply 800w RMS to my two 12" alpine type r's (05 model rated at 500w RMS each) will be sufficient enough in getting the most out of these subs or should I go ahead and run a 1000 watt amp. Just wondering since I came across a nice deal on one. The price of the MTX beats the $200 plus dollars for a decent 1000 watt amp. Didnt think 200 watts would make a bgi difference, but just wanted others opinions.

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 124
i have a mint condition mtx 801d amp for sale. asking for $160 obo. i think it'll be adequate although i would go for the jl 1000/1 if u have the money.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Post Number: 576
mtx makes solid amps...

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 230
I've never had an MTX, are they better/worse/equal to Rockford Fosgate?

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 127
i dont know which is better but both are pretty solid although i'll give the edge to the mtx from my experience. i used to have a RF 700s and now have the mtx 801d. I dont know about their new products tho.

Atliens
Unregistered guest
Anybody else have anymore input to throw in. Want to make sure I'm making a good decision the first time. The subs will be going in a sealed enclosure by the way.

Atliens
Unregistered guest
The only problem is I dont want to strain this amp and cause clipping to produce the powerful low notes I love to hear in music such as lil jon and 3-6 mafia (mainly what I listen to). Especially since the subs together can take 1000w rms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us