Alpine vs. audio bahn whos better?

Username: Steveboyalpine

Post Number: 2
people say that audio bahn is better and some say alpine is better who is better and is memphis any better?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2964
What are you comparing? Amps? Subs?
Alpine make good HUs, but their amps are over priced and rated. For the money they charge, you can do better. Memphis and Audiobahn make some amps that give good value for your money. They also make $hitty ones too.

Post Number: 5
like subs two alpine or two audio bahn or two memphis 12'S witch one is better

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2966
I wouldn't buy any of them. For sound quality try JL or RE X.X.X. or Avalanche and few others. Search the sub thread.
If money is a problem, then try RF/Orion/Kicker.

Bronze Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 29
ived owned a couple alpine 12s but that was about 4 years ago. i dont know how they sound know but when i had them i didnt care for them. wright know im using audiobahn subs and amps to see what i can do with them. and i think they sound better then apline imo

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 253
The new Type-R's are good and you can find them cheap online. Memphis has good amps and their higher end subs are good.

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 101
the alpines would be the best out of those 3 brands. they have more sq too imo.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 462
My friends bro runs a single alpine type R in a vented box and it has plenty of bass. Hes only running it 300 watts RMS tho but we made up for it by putting the bass boost unreasonbly high and the gain set at alittle under 2 volt.

Bronze Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 41
well, id have the memphis for the money.... but if u dont have any certain range, go with the alpines..... memphis is good (i like the p.r 12's) but alpine is better

werd
Unregistered guest
If you can afford memphis m3's they are way better than alpine type r's and audiobahn crap. And yes I have heard all of them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
the alpine type X is better than the type R and memphis imo

Post Number: 9
could i run two type x's with a audio bahn amp a8000t 800watts rms?

werd
Unregistered guest
haha they are 1000 wrms. You could run one of them (probably).

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
two type X's with 1 of those amp. thats like giving them 300 watts each cause that amp is overrated. thats underpowering them and u wont be satisfied with the bass since those type X aren't that efficent either. they crave power.
i used a jl audio 500/1 (500watts)and mtx 801d (around 800 watts). Then when i pushed it by a JL 1000/1, it sounded much better and louder and better...lol. so i think you need either two of those amps or something much more powerful.

Bronze Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 73
Steve, I wouldn't suggest that. Type X's are 500-1000w RMS. I would be suprised if that amp even puts out 800w RMS. You would be underpowering each sub by ATLEAST 100 watts. I would look for something different.

Bronze Member
Username: Alias747

Post Number: 75
Dang, Vince you beat me! lol. :-) Anyway, I have heard 2 type X's powered with a 1000/1 and it sounded awesome. Very good SQ and it pounded. I would suggest that amp, if you can afford it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us