Got my atlas today!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2859
cant wait to check this biotch out against the avalanche.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1185
Let us know how it sounds and what kind of box are you putting your atlas in?

I hear ported is nice

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2866
I am not sure what box I am gonna build for it yet I am gonna go ported when I get my avalanche 12 for sure I might go sealed with the atlas. I am gonna call up Chad and have him run the difference in output with both and see how they sound in both I am sure he will know best!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1187
Hey James did you have the white or black art 600.2 for that Avalanche and whats the differance between the white and black series?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2938
I'm close to purchasing a portable scanner that will receive almost any signal in the air!
It even has a bug detector and frequency counter. If there is signal in the air, it'll tell me what band/frequency it's operating on.
Since I've almost reached the limit on achieving audio quality in my car, I am moving towards new toys. :-)
This thing is like the James Bond movie, if there's a spy near by, you will find it.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2869
I have the white one. The casing is the only difference I am like 99% sure. This atlas looks absolutely PUNY comared to my avalanche. I cant wait to hear it, by looks alone it doesnt look like it will even come anywhere near the same output as the avalanche but thats going just by looks I know it means nothing:-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2939
James tell that to the girls!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2872
wow Isaac you have way to much free time up there in canada! lol!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1192
lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2876
hahaha dude I just told that to my Wife and she l
ooked at me like I had three heads! lol

Jessey
Unregistered guest
james how did that atlas turn out!?.. is it THAT big of difference between the atlas/avalanche i really need to know and soon lol Monday im ordering(if there not sold out.. i would be PISSED)

how many DB's would you say you hit and did you think the atlas got pretty loud?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2947
I havnt hooked it up yet if I get around to it tomarrow I will let you know, I might just throw it in the 2.5cu/ft sealed and see how it sounds but I want to really talk to chad and see what he recomends to get the best out of it.

Jessey
Unregistered guest
okay thanks man... also it would be helpfull if you told me like what type box n what amp you ran it at because im just entering into car audio and i don't want to get some kicka$$ sub and then crap out with the box/amp/install..lol tell me as soon as you hear it(its a atlas 15" right?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2948
yes I am currently running an avalanche 25 in my car right now and i just got an atlas 15. I was thinking about going ported but I am not a big fan of building a 6.5cu/ft ported box tuned to 21htz. I am gonna go low q setting in a 2.5cu/ft sealed. I am running my avalanche 15 off of a Orion Hcca 250G4 at 1ohm with 800 watts going to it and I am going to run the atlas with the same amp at 4ohms.

Jessey
Unregistered guest
icic... we'll i would appreciate it if you told me how the atlas turns out whenever you can get to it but the sooner the better ;) Thanks

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2961
alright I will try it tomarrow then.

Jessey
Unregistered guest
Bump

Jessey
Unregistered guest
James how did you run that amp in 1ohm mode when the sub is 4ohms?? " I am running my avalanche 15 off of a Orion Hcca 250G4 at 1ohm with 800 watts going to it"...

Jessey
Unregistered guest
Bump

werd
Unregistered guest
the sub is 2 ohms

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2969
its dual 2ohm coils so it can be run at 4ohms or 1ohm.

Jessey
Unregistered guest
hey james did you try that atlas yet?

Jessey
Unregistered guest
sorry if im costing you extra work james but after hearing that 1 15" atlas what would you recommend 1 15" atlas or 2 12" kicker cvr(2005 model) because there same price but the 2 12's seem like theyd be louder but lack in SQ-- what would you do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us