Trading systems, / advice needed...

Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 5
went from two audiobahn.. ebay 15s 1,000watt max
140 dollars... sold for 400 to a friend.

then got a kicker solo x 18" 1 ohm,
legacy 3,000 watt mono amp class D 1 ohm stable,
a 1.5 farad capacitor, and an offbrand battery my cousin gave me. people have told me.. this one kicker is more than I even need to be the loudest around here.

I'm hearing a lot of this ..smaller is sometimes better, now I got the kicker to pound loud and get attention.. is there any combo of 10s and 8s I can get to thump just as hard if not harder?..

I plan on selling the kicker for about 600 ( only paid 255 for it ) ..

please lemme know what you guys can come up with :-).

I have about 600 dollars to spend, if I should just stick with this one sub and nothing else.. by all means suggest that. Also, Is 3,000 watts going to be enough for it? my 15s I had are super loud with only 250 going to each and they can take 1,000.

needing a speaker box, new speakers, and an amp.. or two.

:-) Thanks!

oh yea.. and i'm driving a 2002 celica gt, so work with the space ;).. lol i'm hoping for a least 3 tens or some tens and 8s..

everything is standard in it except for the stereo,a pioneer 50w x4 and the amp/kicker ..

^_^ advice is welcome.

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 6
also wtf is rms exactly?.. I mean can i run the kicker on a 3,000 or does it have to have 5,000 minimum...

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 379
that legacy amp is NOt pushing 3000 watts rms... your definetly going to be underpowering it but if you built a box like 12 cuft you might get some more excursion... and yes there is much better out there... just get 2 DD 9510 subs... they will hit extremely hard and meet your 10 inch sub criteria ... i would run them on a different amp though.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 380
rms is the continuous power a sub can handle

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 10
yea the amp I bought if money i had left over :-( .. recommend any under 200 dollars for the kicker?

and i'll look into the 2 DD 9510 subs subs but I may get 4 ;).

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 334
the solox 18" sub is a spl monster. 2 powered buy 8 1200.1 did 169.8 on the termlab

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 382
keep in mind thats with 9600 real watts and the perfect box for reaching those numbers.

subzero... if u can fit an 18 than go with 2 DD9515 (15 inch) subs with 1500 watts rms to each and you will still go very deaf and have a better product... but im sorry you cannot get 3000 watts for 200 dollars.... unless maybe you look into used equipment

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 470
Holy monkey turd!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us