Sony Xplod's...

Bronze Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 23
Throughout this whole forum all I hear about is how bad Sony Xplod audio is. I am not sure what models you all have/heard but at least on my model, I would strongly disagree. I have 2 12" 900wmax/300wrms subs that are about 4 years old. They are being powered by an Alpine 350 (700 watt max) mono amp. They beat my friends 3 alpine's and other guys 2 Fosgates. THey are crisp sounding, inexpensive, well built, and LOUD. The new sony's might be crap, but I guarantee you mine isn't.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 168
That's good an i'm happy for you!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2368
If your happy with it, then that's great, I would have to say most of us don't care. Maybe you just don't know what a good system sounds like? Honestly, if you've never heard anything good before, you might think the Sony's are great.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 24
I have heard many systems, and sure there are better. But for the money, mine is one of the best. It rivals my friends MTX's in quality, although mine might be slightly better. I am just not sure you all have heard THESE Xplod's. And by the way, they don't explode.

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
Not yet but soon they will

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 25
4 years and counting of no exploding

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
coming soon

Anonymous

You have alot to learn young grasshopper

Silver Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 113
my homie had to sony explodes mounted to the back of the seat in a chysler sebring and those pound yall know what im talkin about when your in the back seat and you feel like you cant breath. i dont hate sony just got better sh#t to spend my money on like kicker an jl so compared to mine yours sucks but isnt bad hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haHA :-)

Anonymous

Should i get some Sony or Volfenhag ?

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 213
Volfenhag, lol. I heard sony 12's also and they dident sound bad. Itl be another 3 months before they explode like they say they do, were just waiting now... Any subwoofer can sound good, its really a matter of the setup and personal preference and listening material, Nothing more nothing said.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2913
All those that claim their Sony subs sound great, wait till they hear a real sub. It's exactly like comparing decent amps with great amps. When you first hear it, you swear it's the best sound ever. Then you upgrade the amp and realize the sound you thought were "great" was nothing more than an illusion.
If you want proof, go purchase any decent amp, MTX, Audiobahn, Kicker, RF, Crossfire etc. Connect couple of great component speakers and listen to high quality cd.
Now you get Zapco C2K/PPI PC/PCX/Art series/Orion HCCA G4/Xtant and replace the amp and listen to the same cd.
Only then will you know what true quality sound reproduction is all about.
I am 110% sure most if not all of the Sony supporters will change their mind.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1164
I whouldnt put crossfire in that list isaac. Highly doubt that bud. I have owned JL, Zapco, PPI PCX, and now the Orion HCCA g4 and trust me these crossfires are made for what they are made for. Mine is a class D monoblock and it easily can be put with the ppi's and others and is more efficiant as i have owned all of them. I agree with you on Zapco c2k and ppi's and orion but i whouldbt put crossfire with mtx and audiobahn or kicker..lol trust me NO

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2915
MO, the test was for full range sound test. With bass, you won't notice significant difference with ears alone.

Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 7
I CANT EFFING STAND XPLOD!!!!! had 3 12s and they blew at the same time.... I THINK THEY SUCK BIG FLOPPY DONKY DI@K! :D

Gold Member

Post Number: 1167
I understand what kind of test you are talking about im just trying to tell you that the CrossFire VR1000D amp is a very good subwoofer amp. No way comparable to the mtx or audiobahn. Thats all im saying as far as crossfire being mixed in with those are. Only thing is you probably havent heard to much about crossfire as opposed to mtx and audiobahn.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2372
Yah Isaac, the differences can be amazing some times. I admit, it, my first system years ago was an Audiobahn sub with a legacy amp. I thought it sounded awsome, and it did actually get somewhat loud for the price I payed.

Then one day, I heard a JL W6. I almost died when I realized how stupid my system really was. I've heard many other subs since, and all I can do is laugh at how cool I thought my first system was.

Bronze Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 13
i dont even have a system joe.... but im gettin one...... well i have an American pro 600 watt rms amp (at 2 ohms) and a jensen 10 inch xs bass sub..... sounds ok for a 10 i think... but im new to the car system thing.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1173
Hey Joe what kind of box did you have your W6 in and was it the v2 ? let me know

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 44
i agree with joe and isaac. my first system was a no name sub powered by a boss amp. then came the audiobahn flame q subs with rockford amp. then the alpine type r. after the jl w6v2. now the alpine type x. soon it will be the avalanche. and so forth. and everytime i upgrade it keeps getting better.

Bronze Member
Username: Alumaprodave

CALIFORNIA

Post Number: 28
Sony is NOT a speaker company for home or the car. They just don't care to put the time and money into speakers. The only reason they put somthing out there is because they know that some people want to buy ONLY SONY, and thats it.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3491
system for me

1-2 10 inch kicker comp vrs
2-1 10 inch eclipse al
3-1 15 inch ti
4-2 15 inch ti's(coming soon) lol

Username: Karma_kills

Post Number: 5
hey guys, i made the mistake of buying sony and not researching ahead of time. now i have them and need to use them as long as i can. im a newbie and need help installing. i've got a 4 gauge wiring kit and a 60 fuse.
i've got two 12inch 800 max 4 ohm 200rms subs.
xm-2165 1000 dual channel amp:
165 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
200 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
400 watts x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
and a q-logic ported box.
i need to know how to run wires and whatever else im gonna need. can anyone help here, or atleast give me site link that will tell me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us