Shallow Mounting Depth Subs

Crash
Unregistered guest
I am looking for any recomendations for a shallow mounting depth sub. I have a 2005 F350 Crewcab. Most box dimensions I have found are running just under a cubic foot with 5 inches of mounting depth. I am looking at running 8's or a single 10. Any help would be great !

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 652
Maybe be a resonant engineering RE line.

Bronze Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 46
Im in the same situation with only 5.75 inch mount depth. I hear you also want at least 3/4th inch between the bottom of the Sub and the box.

I'm looking into some Adire Kodas new version with DVC. THey are not out yet but I contancted Adire and they will be out in 4 weeks!

RE will be my backup but their subs are not quite as shallow and I have a feeling the Kodas will be a little better (don't know for sure)

Bronze Member
Username: Backlash

Post Number: 16
audiobahn awp310t......4.5 in mounting depth i think.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2453
Elemental Designs 9Kv.2 has a mounting depth of 4.25 in.

Crash
Unregistered guest
How are the Elemental Designs 9Kv.2 ? I have never used them. They appear to be a good product from some reading that I have done, but users are the real tell tale for subs. What would these compare to on the market. JL & Nakamichi are producing some subs that seem to work well. I have used JL's in the past with success but I am always looking for new products.

Crash
Unregistered guest
The Adire Subs look Impressive as well. Any feelings on the advantages to using multiple 8's over one 10. (I wish I had more room but I have to do the best with what I have) Thanks for the input

Bronze Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 47
im going to go with the adire most likely if they don't come out I might get elemental designs.

My friend just got the same truck 05 titan and plans to put the 1000 watt audiobahn in the back. I'm looking at that sub right now. it is sitting on his table. Man it is massive.

I hear both adire and elemental designs are better than W3's wich IMO are already good subs. I never heard either but linear bass is probably what I am looking for from what I have read.

Can't you fit 2 10's under the seat?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us