James-sorry to bug you

Jessey
Unregistered guest
sorry i keep updating that thread and all but have you got around to installing/listening to that 15" atlas because i was going to order today but i waited to see your feeback-- if you don't have it yet on prob i'll just get 2 12"s (kicker cvr i believe the newest ones 2005 model 400w rms each sub) do you think i wouuld be allright with those 2 12"s?

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 187
The New Cvr's are good subs, they pound pretty hard for the price and sound good doing it

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2497
The old ones were good too, lol. Jessey, I would wait to hear from James, but either way your getting a good quality system.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3525
i personally like the older ones better, i had 2 10 inch kicker comp vrs, like 99s or 00s, and they were alot louder than the 2 new ones i audiotioned, but then again, its been awhile since ive had the older ones, but im considering selling my ti and getting 2 or 3 15 kicker comp vrs

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3017
Sorry Jessey I havnt gotten around to it I thought I would have had time yesterday but unfortuetly I didnt. I am not sure when exactly I will get around to it possibly tomarrow if you want to hold off if not the Kickers are good subs as well and like Joe said you dont need the new ones the old ones are just as good.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2499
"im considering selling my ti and getting 2 or 3 15 kicker comp vrs"

Boy, you been hit in the head???

Jessey
Unregistered guest
really the older ones are the same?? why would they even bother making a new one then lol it may sound like a stupid Q but whats the point in making a new one if the old ones are just as good? haha there has to be some props to havin the newer ones

the reason i was considerin the new ones is because my friend got 2 new ones and they souond great and get this he's running them with one of thoe BS pyle 1600 watt amps and i thought if i got a better amp i would be able to kick his a@@ lol

but so either way i go i'll be okay?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3529
yea fine either way really,

but joe, its just, idk, i thought ihad a great grasp on car audio, and now i doubt myself, these guys i met just have shown me things and blown my mind, im really a more hands on learner and i dont know if i know what i know

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2500
Well, do you have your Ti in a good box yet?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3531
yea its in a great box, but im going to redo it in a sealed one, but i did just get a 2nd 15 ti lol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2502
Hey, you can never have too many.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3021
Hey Sub I am with Joe on this one man you kill me dude:-) I guess the best way to learn is to try everything and you are on the right path for that!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3534
lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3023
Thats how most people learn how much Audiobahn isnt as good as some people think it is by trying out new BETTER brands! lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3535
i agree, i think im giognt o save up and get an xtant amp

Jessey
Unregistered guest
i noticed that you said audiobahn isn't that great-- TOTALLY AGREE but i was considering a audiobahn a800t for my kickers (runs 800wrms at 2ohms perfect for 2 kicker bridged) are there amps as bad as there subs because i hear these amps are good for the 150$ price tag thats on them-- if you have another amp for about 130$-150$ 800w rms 2ohms let me know@!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3540
actually, i personally have nothing against there amps except that ghey chrome looking things, but they are nice from my expierience, but i will never rnu seriously nin my own

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2506
Their amps are alright. I have very mixed feelings about them, but Isaac has tested them a bagilion times and swears by them. Only thing I'd recommend that might be better in that price range is MTX.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3028
nope you arnt gonna find one with those specs at that price. If thats all you can afford then go with it. I recomend you look around ebay I would like to see you get a MTX or JBL over a audiobahn but if thats all you can afford thenI understand you need to listen to music:-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2972
Jessey, the model is A8000T and of course there are tons of better amps. However, at $130 range, choices are very limited. You either look at Sony/Pyramid/Lanzar/Pyle or Audiobahn A8000T/A8002T or MTX.
If I were you, I'd ignore the first group. They make lousy amps.

Jessey
Unregistered guest
yes.. im looking at both MTX and audiobahn actually and i can get resonably priced amps but there likle 600w rms n stuff not up to what i need- do you think 600w rms would be good to push both of those and also i know audiobahn is overated- but is MTX?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3546
go with INTERFIRE!!! lol, what about hifonics?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2513
MTX isn't as much overated, as they rate their amps at 14.4 volts, which I dislike. They'll put out what they say, I had a 301D once, and the birth sheet was about 10 more wrms than stated at 14.4 volts.

Jessey
Unregistered guest
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64573%26item%3D5774794223 %26

somthing like that going to be able to push them good-- 780w sounds perfect(BUT I DONT KNOW IF ITS RMS) lol can you give me some model numbers that put out that

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2517
Does the MTX 801D put out 800 wrms at 2 or 1? I can't remember. I think it's 2 ohms. Look into that amp.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3550
dont buy it, its untested

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2518
Just looked, 800 wrms x 1 @ 2 ohms. That would work perfect jessey.

Jessey
Unregistered guest
yea i'll get that model but not that amp on that website because its untested like Sub said-- thats how ebay can screw the sh!t outta you thank you sub for pointing it out for me i'll either get a really good used or brand new one

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 107
i have that amp mtx 801d. pounds my jl w6v2 and alpine type X pretty hard. only thing i don't like about it is that doesn't have subsonic filter. so can only use for subs in sealed box.
i plan on selling it tho. on ebay. still looks brand new.

Bronze Member
Username: Kitkatt

Post Number: 29
is it possible to use an amp without a subsonic filter for a sub in a ported box...i am getting set up to use mtx801d with an IDmax12 in a ported box...PLEASE let me know if i shouldn't do this!!!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2521
Yes, you just need to buy some fmods. Get some Harrison Labs Fmods off ebay, their little inline rca filters. I have a pair of 30 hz high pass filters just sitting around.

Bronze Member
Username: Kitkatt

Post Number: 30
thanks ... if my box is tuned correctly, do I still need fmod?

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 123
if you have ported box for yur sub then your going to need to get that fmod or an amp with subsonic filter
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us