James or MO i gotta question

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 178
What kind of box are you guys putting ur AVA 15 in ? cuz im ordering mine on monday and I was curious to see what u guys had them in? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1212
Mike i whould personally recommend anywhere between 2.2 - 2.5 cubic ft. SEALED for sure.

James has his in a 2.5 cubic ft sealed.

If you want better sq go 2.2 cause you will get good top end and low end. 2.5 is also a good choice but you will get more low end and less top. Its up to you.

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_wiglz

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 29
just out of interest, what is the recommended size of a ported box?

5cuft?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1213
No. 3.5 - 4 cubic feet tuned to 20 - 24 hz is

Any where in there whould sound fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
Mo do u think itll fit in the hatch of a focus? i want alittle bit of trunk but its not a nessicity... I want more sq but with the top and low end so the 2.2 cubic feet is where im headed i think.... and what do u think i should run it off of? I was thinking about a kicker kx600.1

Gold Member

Post Number: 1215
That whould sound very nice Mike. You have the right idea man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
since i can get kicker amps for dirt cheap ... im gonna go that route .. i could even up it to the kx1200.1 but i think it might be overkill

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
Mo you kno ne place where they could make me a good box for the av?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1216
Mike check out www.woodlawncabinetry.com call them tommorow and speak to phil. He is building me a box right now. It should cost you under $100 for it. They are very good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
so i think im gonna go sealed 2.2 cu/ft im gonna contact them tommorow or monday and get a price quote

Gold Member

Post Number: 1217
Good Choice Mike. I am doing 2.2 cu ft. sealed also. Trust me all you need is 600 watts to get this sub moving good. Its very efficiant and hits nice and low with good SQ.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2911
Hey Mike why dont you go down to audiotronics and talk to john he will build you a nice box and if you dont want to go that route I can help you build the same box I have for mine. plus you can hear it before you buy it or build a box for it. let me kow man since you live so damn close to me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1222
Ok mike or anyone else interested in sealed box for the Avalanche 15. This is what size i will be going with and phil at www.woodlawncabinetry.com gave me the dimensions and price:

For a sealed box for this subwoofer, the cost would be $105.00 + $
shipping.

Enclosure Spec's

20" x 17" x 15" = 2.25 cu.ft.

Best regards,

Phil
Woodlawn Cabinetry

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2914
wow thats really cheap man:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1225
James he is building me the ported box for my JL 12w6v2 and that box cost me $125 plus $25 shipping.

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
Thanks James Im waiting for the money and ill will be ordering the 15 on Monday hoepfully, when i get I will def let you know and where is audiotronics?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2918
audiotronics is on Isaac st right off of wall st in Norwalk. It is back near the old norwalk movie theater if you know where that is.

Hey MO when you get this box I am interested to know the quality of them let me know how it turns out because I would like to check it out if these boxes are for real.

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
really its in Norwalk, im surprised i dont kno where it is since im from norwalk.. lol go figure

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
James id love to hear the AV in person ... i heard one today but the install wasnt the best, it was in a shitty q logic box

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2965
you heard an avalanche? yeah man I will let you hear it man just let me know when.

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
yea i heard it ...i saw 2 guys one with a 15 in TI and a Av ... i thought the Av beat the Ti all around thats just me tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 1235
James i will keep you posted on the Avalanche 15 adventures.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us