Setup question

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 14
alright i plan on getting a audiobahn a8002t amplifier, a 1.5 farad cap.. and then a audiobahn alum12q, not too sure about the box i was looking at this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50568%26item%3D5772177265 %26 , but i dunno if it will fit in there or not. and is that amp okay to run at 3ohm, i asked the people at audiobahn, and they said it would and it will give me 600 watts rms. basically my question is will all of this run good together or should i look into something else?

Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 9
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/#
i understand the chrome appeal of the audiobahns. it once encouraged me to purchase one of their amps. i would however lean toward the site here. much better sounding sub, particularly for the $ (audiobahn makes better amps than subs imo). there are of course others.

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 66
i agree with mikechec. there are alot better than audiobahn for the $.
but hey its your $$ so you can buy audiobahn and find out just how bad and unreliable it is imo of course..

Bronze Member
Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 22
I owned two of the Alum12's from Audiobahn and I thought they sound great for the price. Btw, the audiobahn's are far cheaper than the Atlas 12's (a pair should be < 150$), so the "better than Audiobahn for the $" does not apply.

In either case, there's always going to be something better, and it's quite likely the Atlas 12's are. It all depends on your budget and personal preference.

Also, the Alum woofers are not recommended for ported enclosures, the theile/small parameters put it right on par for a sealed box, and it's a SQ sub to begin with.

Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 10
audiobahn and sq unfortunately don't fit in the same sentence. i have run a number of subs, bostwick, kicker, jbl, polk, soundstream, jl..the list goes on. to me, each sub sounded "good" until i heard what other, more experienced audiofiles were running. just trying to save you time and unnecessary money. but, of course "good" is a subjective term.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2922
I completely agree with you Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us