SoundSplinter RL-P vs ID MAX with 800wrms ( I know it's hard to tell, just humor me)

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2335
I know millions of people ask questions like this, and it gets annoying, but I've gotten my list down to two subs:

ID MAX 12"
SoundSplinter RL-P 15"

I'll be pushing whichever sub I get with an Orion HCCA 250g4, wich will give 800-900 wrms at 1 ohm.

With that wattage, which sub would you guys guess will be the loudest? No stupid guesses, I want experienced input from people that know what their talking about. I know the 15" has an advantage because of cone area, but the ID MAX's have pretty high displacement, and can belch out some very high spl numbers if done correctly.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2341
Annnyyyy body.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2344
Where the he.ll is Jonathan when I need him?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3907
I don't think Soundsplinter uses LMT yet, but I've heard good things about their current lineup. It's a tossup really. Haven't dealt with their stuff that much to be able to guarantee you anything.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2358
Dang, lol. Not the kinda answer I wanted to hear. I know it's a hard question to answer, but it's so hard to make up my mind.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2359
Even though the ID MAX does have such a larger cone area for a 12, the xmax's are pretty close for the RL-P and the idman. I figured that with the rl-p being a 15, that it would probably be able to reach higher db's with amount of power I'll be pusing.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3908
Most likely it will, but of course I'm not making any promises about anything I haven't used ;).

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2361
Alright, that's smart I guess. Thanks Jon.

Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 6
http://realmofexcursion.com/videos.html

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 326
i have heard great things about the rlp-15 through the internet but no first hand experience. dont they use the tc3 motor?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2390
Not exaclty sure which Tc motor it is, but all Sound Splinter subs use TC Sounds motors.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 329
it is based on the tc9 motor and this is from www.soundsplinter.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us