For parents who disagree with their kids about Car Audio

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 214
For all those parents who dissagree about car audio and spending money, and all the lovely things put into a good car system. Me as an 18 year old son, cant get enough of my car system. I played baseball for about 5 years now and each year it costs atleast 5g's. I put about the same into my car audio system(5g's) and personally i think it is a better investment. I no how parents feel about spending so much money on cars and music etc. Well some people like me love music as a hobby and i honestly relate half my life to it. I wasent afriad to spend all the money on a system because i new i wasent going to college, which btw 70% of students coming out of one get paid ave. 12-20$ an hour. I got my highschool diploma and am making 26$ an hour to START. I will be able to retire at age 50 with a pension and full benifits(pension being around 3g's a month). Going to school paying 15g's a year and learning alot more stuff you may not enjoy is not the only way to go. Listen to the kids and not the teachers please. Alot has changed in the last 20-30 years when you were kids. Listening to music extreamly loud while driving is uncommon. Dont think we will not hear police, horns etc. I usuaslly just show off the effort, time, sound, and money i put into it. It isnt just sound and showing off also, its a group event. Many events and social gatherings can be better with or all about car audio. Im 18 and alot of my life at the moment and probobly untill i settle down like we all do eventualy about 22-25 years old. But untill then i will be making money, spending time with freinds, gf, attending social events etc. Having somthing to be proud of and somthing other people can enjoy will make that experiance alot better i gaurentee you. Please when your kid has money and wants to put it into a system of some sort, think about whats happeneing NOW, AND IN THE FUTURE. Because of the involvment i have in my system and how much freinds enjoy it i no i will have more fun throught my "mid-adult hood" then you ever would have without a system :P. Alot of a kids life now is cars, music, and school. Some more of one than others and because of parents somtimes suffer from it.

I love music, making boxes, experimenting and everything. Its a great hobby and if you get serious you can make some serious money. My parents totally dissaproved also but when they see the smile on my face when i turn up my stuff, they would have it no other way.

PS: By reading this and understanding where us kids are coming from, you decide to change your mind perhaps, remember one thing. FORCE your kids into getting a decent alarm system if they are putting money into their vehicle, dont let them learn the hard way and it get stolent from them, it hurts, especially with 150$ a week from a PT job :-)..

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 781
I need an alarm :-(

Wish I could get a job at one of the decent shops around here. None of them are ever looking for new employees.

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 215
haha. Thats why i do my own stuff. I install systems, alarms, and help people out just with my cell phone and my own tools and driveway : D. I made my own buisness card and stuff and I actualy make money doing what i love as a side job. The 26$ an hour job takes up alot of my day, lol 5am-6pm. Construction, not easy but good money, and Im HUNGRY FOR IT!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2914
Good for you. Just stay away from the car thieves and Jane/Finch area, then your investment will last.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2370
Pharoh, how do you spend 5g's a year playing baseball? Even if you go to camps, and buy equipment, how the heck does it cost 5k? I'm just curoius, because that doesn't make any sense, lol.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 782
Yea...how in the h3ll did you spend that much playing baseball?

Oh, I build boxes and do installs for friends all the time. Every weekend I come home and I either fish, wakeboard, or build boxes. I have a corner of our shed at home that is full of boxes...my mom is startin to get kinda p!ssed because the pile tends to keep growing and growing :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 16
lol marshal..... wanna give a box away??? :-)
j/k less u really wanna.... lol

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 26
Parents should be cool with car audio as long as its YOUR money your spending and you don't annoy anyone. Meaning you don't go "booming" in residential neighborhoods, only at shows and preapproved upon public streets or parking areas. No problem lots of young ones put a lot of money into their systems, and it doesn't get any better with age either, I am in my mid 30's and i still drive around with 7-10 grand worth of stuff in my vehicle. I also am opening up my own audio shop soon, but what got me started was i make 45-75 an hour doing computer work and i only have a 2 year associates degree in business administration, i am computer certified though(it only took me 4 months to get certified). So i see your point, but you also have to show respect for others also, and you'll be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 146
If he was good at baseball he could retire long before he's 50....and certainly make more than $26 per hour!!

Guess the stereo is the better investment in this case.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 784
Brandon, I dont know about giving boxes away...but I'll sell ya one cheap :-)

Username: Pdunny

Post Number: 4
sh!t my parents are spending at least 5g's for my baseball. and thats mainly summer and fall b.c school pays for spring. The 5gs goes towards equipment uniforms fields hotels and plane tickets

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Post Number: 553
what do you do for a livin pharoe

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 178
what the fu(k 5gs towards equipment uniforms fields hotels and plane tickets.

Anonymous

maybe you should go to college...haha...theres only a word misspelled in almost every sentence

Beni aokdjod
Unregistered guest
haha it costs me about 300$ to play baseball.. and since when did people start taking plane flights to baseball games unless your in college and the pros.. even the minor leagues take busses.. and as far as equipment n stuff you must be one of those teams that has all of there stuff custom made with your name n junk on your cleats n gloves n bags n stuff... stuff you really don't need as far as hotels and uniforms i can see being costly but that other stuff sounds pretty pointless to me-- i'll stick to the 300$ teams, im poor

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 216
man, i dont do my work at skewl cause its boring, i can do it,just hate it... i work at Canak as a supervisor tellin people what to do, lol. I like the pay and job, but its early in mourning to lateat night. I am very good at baseball, i played for team O 2 years, canadian thunderbirds one and the Ontario Bulldogs one. Its so expensive because its all traveling,EVERYTHING paid for and its all Pro/ College Scouting at every game. I stoped playing cause i cant afford 5-6 g's a year and i feel bad making or letting my rents pay for it. I work for what i have, never asked my rents for anything. Just the way i am :P

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 217
Anonymous:
thanks for the sarcasm, lol. FOR STARTERS. TEACHERS DO NOT TEACH YOU HOW TO SPELL. Teachers have never once in my life taught me how to spell, just a bunch of other bs. And besides, its internet, im not trying to impress anyone ;|

Beni aokdjod:
I play for top teams dude, we traveled to the states like every weekend, got professional training for MLB players once a month, High class hotel stays, Buffet breakfast lunch n dinny, and we also traveled to japan for 2 weeks, It was a BLAST : D cept i never understood anything..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us