New system help.

Username: Tenshekels

Post Number: 1
hi, i finally find a good site w/ knowledgable people on car audio. [=

i was wondering what would work better for my accord 2000 sedan.

hu: pioneer 4700 or 6700

front speakers:i received some jbl gto606c components as a gift and most likely going to use those.(short on money, need to pay for school)

rear speakers: i havent decided or looked up too much into it yet, but my friend told me to go w/ ininity, but i also hear pioneers are descent.
they are 6x9's.

as for subwoofers, i was wondering if i should just run the speakers off my headunit and get a subwoofer/amp hooked up,i really would like a single 12" just for the extra kick, nothing too fancy. i prefer sq over spl.

or would it be better to go w/ amp/4speakers setup. the accord for some reason holds it's acoustics well or something, because people think i have a sub, but im just running my stock 6x9's off of my sony 50x4 hu.so i figured if i just got descent speakers w/ amp it might be enough bass for my suit.(but rolling w/ the thumps was fun too) thanks!

Post Number: 2
ahh.. sorry to double post, but i kept reading some more, and lots of people say that i dont even need the rear 6x9's. is this correct? if so, then i could spend a lil more on the other stuff.. also, if there is a better component w/in the price range, i can just exchange the gto606c's w/ another from the store. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 562
Okay first we're gping to need to know how much you have to spend and what the RMS (continuous power) your speakers are. It is generally better to amp comp speakers so they can receive more power.

You donlt need rear deck speakers as they will only corrupt the sounds up front.

Also what kind of music you listen to might help as well.

Post Number: 3
thanks for the respond brunner.

my jbls are 70rms. i have about maybe 300-500. but if REALLY must, i could sell my arm to science or something and save up a little bit more.

also, i listen to most anything,but probably rock the most out of all genres.

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 99
if i were u i would go with a pioneer premier 670mp = $150 ebay
trade your jbl comps for infinity 6000cs comps. which will run pretty good from hu.
then get an alpine type r or infinity perfect or an Ascendant Audio Atlas for $100.
lastly depending on your sub get an jbl or mtx amp. price range probably around $150

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 100
u wont need your rear 6x9 speakers.

Post Number: 4
thanks vincent.

Post Number: 7
oh and i decided to go w/ the aaatlas. but not sure whether the 15 or 12($5 dollar difference and the recommened rms for them both is pretty close). as for amp, how are the profiles? pretty cheap from their direct refurb.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us