Kicker S12L17; MTX 8500 - Help needed ASAP!

T May20
Unregistered guest
Which sub is better overall? How do they compare with sq & spl? I want to do 2 subs in a ported box in a '98 Gran Prix GT 2-door. I am going mostly for loudness, but I don't want something that sounds like complete sh*t in the sq department. I currently can do a system of each for about $1500(includes installation). I am trying to do this system in the next 2 days, so please help me as mush as possible, I really want to make sure my money is being well spent.

Also, do u recommend the Kicker Comps or anything else!

T May20
Unregistered guest
how come people NEVER help me on this site? What do I have to do to get some decent help on here?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2346
Between those two, I'd definitely take the 8500's over the Kickers.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2836
I would have to agree!

Username: Basshd

Post Number: 10
Well in db drag the square kickers are winning subs(is the s12l7 square?)although they are definately not musical and are almost non-existent of low bass capability. For a good mix say 80/20 spl/sq I would also take the mtx.

T May20
Unregistered guest
How is the quality of the MTXs? I haven't heard a lot of good stuff about MTX. I would probably be better off payin a little more for two JL W6s. I know there is other stuff out there, but I want to purchase from a local dealer so my choices are limited (Rockford, MTX, Kicker, JL Audio, etc.) However, I Can't get really good deals on the JL stuff. This is my fist sub system, I could use some expertise.

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 40
get jl audio then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us