Brax vs Zapco amps

Bronze Member
Username: Ethan68

Post Number: 24
Anyone heard of BRAX amps, are they any good? How do they compare with ZAPCO amps in terms of SQ?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2807
Yes I've hard of Brax. It's one of the high quality brands in car audio. I haven't personally tested it, but it's a brand certainly worth purchasing.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3850
You're comparing great to great, honestly it's a toss up on what you like better, you can't go wrong with either.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 41
Xtant 1001 amp that im selling is one of the best. go to http://www.xtant.com/html/products/x1001.cfm for more info and spec. I"m selling mine in mint condition still in box ready to be shipped, asking $600.00 Obo plus shipping. call (425) 985-5415 or email unan0@hotmail.com

Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 23
NO AMPLIFIER COMPANY PERIOD BEATS ZAPCO IN SQ. END OF STORY.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3886
Amplifiers don't sound like anything until clipping. Zapcos amplifiers are top of the line, but many match it, although I wouldn't say surpass. As far as componentry, Arc has them beat IMO, they're designed by the same guy, though. Zapco just lost their lead engineer and company founder (Robert Zeff) and he went to Arc.

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 37
First person ive seen that knows that :-) . Nice man, someones doing homework :-) right on.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
But I heard Arc amps are made in Taiwan....correct? My friend had one and he said it's not that reliable, had to send it back for repairs a couple of times, although SQ is good when it's working.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 389
That man sure wants to sell that Xtant amp. I kinda wish he'd stop posting that in here.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3891
"But I heard Arc amps are made in Taiwan....correct?"
Only the cheaper model one(I think the KAR models) , similar to how Zapco has the I-force amps. The XXKs are fully built in California.

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 44
Dosnt it seem funny Jonathon that some of the best (not the best, some of the best) amplifier companies reside right in california. Lets see. Zapco,Arc, And about 20 small comapnies all makin amps locally. Good discounts is all I say

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3894
TRU makes in California as well, there are some others that I can't think of right off of my head. They are the "best" amp companies, at least no worse than any other. Best is a nasty word in a subjective field, I've gotten fussed at for using that word :-).

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2866
The word "best" is like the word "fair" in court. It can get you in trouble.

Bronze Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 68
Lol yea. Well i think they are the "best" but only in "my" opinion. :-) that work. lol

Username: Basshd

Post Number: 4
In case no one knows arc and zapco have the same parent company arpa based in modesto california and robert designed the c2k amps from zapco. It really is personal preference when you have a choice of amplifiers of this caliber, helix and sinfoni are also brands worth mentioning. I use a zapco c2k 9.0 and one thing that the zapco competition amps utilize that others may or may not is symbilink. I would go with the zapco competition amps if i had a choice, but thats just personal preference. Again with amplifiers of this caliber on components you wouldn't go wrong with either. (although i would like to have a chance to use the c-7 series from trutechnology).

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3906
I'm waiting to see Arc come out with something similar to Symbilink, I figured with Zeff on board they would have it by now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us